X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Rock On Party Jam!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN IT UP AND TURN IT UP LOUD!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mayer hawthorne,very talented man. Can sing motown stuff with the best of them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfcY...feature=relmfu

Comment

• Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Comment

• What am I listening to?
            Howling whine that chirps fast, then a big bang...I jump and look around.... The kid looks up from what he's doing, a quizzal look and shrug "What?" .... I know then, the demons in my head are f'n with my sanity.. Does no good to look over my shoulder as they are too crafty to be seen.. I bang and make all kinds of noise, prompting the folks that work with us to comment," Dang, a noisy bastid ain'tcha?"

Consider yourselves blessed to listen to music...
            Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 8, 2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Consider yourselves blessed to listen to music...
              Yeah Bob, been there seen that, the lack of hearing. Sue Unit is all but deaf, not quite.

It causes her problems in social situations with her hearing aids, can't hear what anybody's saying.

Music. She's a big fan of mine if I play it loud enough.

But I'm listening to the car anymore. The sound of the engine. I took the radio antenna off of Red to run the Mile and put it in the trunk. It's in there. Rolling around. I didn't use it anyway.

I tried once to turn the radio on while driving Red around town, but I was more interested in the sound of the engine. And the feel of the vibration through the seat, and Red's not even a hotrod at all.

Yes Bob, music is a huge blessing. I lived it and tried to play it for a lot of years. Right now the engine sounds better. I'll bet that doesn't make a bit of sense to anybody here, but it makes sense to me.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• All my cars are considered loud... I like the manual tranny ones best... Can feel how it runs, how fast by the feel thru the shifter...
                The quiet autos, I tend to grind the starter when it is running or put it in drive while not running....

I once won the heat I was in when the official asked me if I was running..I nod yes and hold the starter button down... Residual hits made me seem like I was moving under my own power

Music, I love it... Orbison, Beatles, ZZTop, some B52, ... To listen, I am the only one in thr room, or nearby...I made my headphones out of 70 watt speakers and 200 watt amp.. Newer technology is wonderfully clear! Or I run 2 speakers to my shoulders from the subwoofer off the computer... Kids say they can hear me 2-3 houses hp the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  All my cars are considered loud... I like the manual tranny ones best... Can feel how it runs, how fast by the feel thru the shifter...
                  The quiet autos, I tend to grind the starter when it is running or put it in drive while not running....

I once won the heat I was in when the official asked me if I was running..I nod yes and hold the starter button down... Residual hits made me seem like I was moving under my own power

Music, I love it... Orbison, Beatles, ZZTop, some B52, ... To listen, I am the only one in thr room, or nearby...I made my headphones out of 70 watt speakers and 200 watt amp.. Newer technology is wonderfully clear! Or I run 2 speakers to my shoulders from the subwoofer off the computer... Kids say they can hear me 2-3 houses hp the street.
                  the other extreme to not hearing is a blown ear drum. I went through a spell of needing silence ...more than a year. A slamming door brought out some rage instantly. I did not even care to accept it as unintentional.. it was instant rage.

even with hearing, I drive to feel the engine. the main shaft and bearings..manual especially. it is tranny and engine. every car does it, unless it is monted sideways and cabled linkage for everything. being mechanical..it is a chore more than getting my kicks.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post

But I'm listening to the car anymore. The sound of the engine. I took the radio antenna off of Red to run the Mile and put it in the trunk. It's in there. Rolling around. I didn't use it anyway.

I tried once to turn the radio on while driving Red around town, but I was more interested in the sound of the engine. And the feel of the vibration through the seat, and Red's not even a hotrod at all.

Yes Bob, music is a huge blessing. I lived it and tried to play it for a lot of years. Right now the engine sounds better. I'll bet that doesn't make a bit of sense to anybody here, but it makes sense to me.
                    Are you kidding, sure that makes sense to almost everyone on this site, it makes sense to me for sure! Now on to a more serious topic, I'm afraid your Hot Rod addiction is a lot more serious then we originally thought and it may be time to consider a trip out to the Betty Ford Clinic?
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      Are you kidding, sure that makes sense to almost everyone on this site, it makes sense to me for sure! Now on to a more serious topic, I'm afraid your Hot Rod addiction is a lot more serious then we originally thought and it may be time to consider a trip out to the Betty Ford Clinic?
                      Nope, nearest drag strip!

Comment

• here is a dramatic song with drama.

share it with foriegn loved ones.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Previously boxer3main

Comment

• skin as soft as leather, I am the weatherman.

I laughed. I understood it as the first to analyze something is the opposite to do so. Maybe I am misunderstanding leather as supposed to be tough.

makings of a bigger song there somehow..

tin as "strong" as steel I'm a ricer man.
                            a million mile jogger wearing plastic cans...

candles as a bonfire
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 8, 2012, 09:52 AM.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

• TTB, great band!
                              Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

• I caught this band on the Audience channel on cable. The wife and I went to a place where they were playing and I bought two CD's. A sound mix of Little Feat Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Synyrd(spelling)....the cay has quit on my ceyboard.......They are from Atlanta and can jam with the best of them. Of course me being from the south you now I love Southern Roc!!

Video by L. Kelly Kain @ Revolution Live, Ft Lauderdale Nov 30 2011...night before Rock Legends Cruise. This is a great video with excellent close ups and ve...

Comment

Working...
                                X