Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I blew up my lawn mower! Did you ever blow up anything unusual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blew up my lawn mower! Did you ever blow up anything unusual?

;D

I just though you guys would get a grin out of this one. The last mow of the season here in sunny Detroit - about 6 weeks ago - I felt something hit my leg and the mower just flat stopped. I figured that maybe I caught the plug wire with a stick or something until I looked down...and saw...

Crank looks OK - think I can just JB weld it back together for next year?

Re: I blew up my lawn mower! Did you ever blow up anything unusual?

next time don't let your grass get to long.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

i tried 30% nitro r/c fuel in a weed eater once-just once ;D ups
      i totally nuked an rc car also, shot the head right off and the whole car was on fire 8)

Comment

Originally posted by thevic24
        i tried 30% nitro r/c fuel in a weed eater once-just once ;D ups
        i totally nuked an rc car also, shot the head right off and the whole car was on fire 8)
        This made me laugh pretty hard..... thats awesome ;D

Comment

watching the r/c car roll down the road on fire wase quite a sight. the weed eater ran REALLY GOOD but after it cooled it locked up- o well

Comment

Hehehehe.... I did that to our old Craftsman lawn mower back in Middle school. My parents let me completely disassemble it but I just though it was cool to take it apart at the time.

I blew u my Dremel when it was running hot so I had the bright idea of shooting keyboard duster into it to cool it off..... nope, that was exciting as the whole motor casing lit on fire!!!!! Amazingly after I turned it off and let it cool down, it still worked with a kickstart. Wrapped up the project I was working on then bought a new Craftsman since it was the only one I could get with the power and adjustment I wanted and the fewest addons since I had already amassed quite a collection with my old one.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I blew up a beautiful fast muscle car in 1973....that was awsome, it went KABOOMB AND a big puff of smoke and oil everywhere on the street, but, I won the race ;D

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                I blew up a beautiful fast muscle car in 1973....that was awsome, it went KABOOMB AND a big puff of smoke and oil everywhere on the street, but, I won the race ;D
                What car?

Comment

IT was a 1968 pontiac tempest with a 350 small block in it.....it was fast though....husband just laid the motor inside the car, just got done re-building it, and he didnt tell me to take it easy, so someone messed with me, and I floored it, and blew it up....only had about 20 miles on the new engine....

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                    IT was a 1968 pontiac tempest with a 350 small block in it.....it was fast though....husband just laid the motor inside the car, just got done re-building it, and he didnt tell me to take it easy, so someone messed with me, and I floored it, and blew it up....only had about 20 miles on the new engine....
                    woops ;D

Comment

You gotta admit that the lawnmower is epic.

Comment

He looked like he was going to cry....if he did , he didnt let me see it, but he may have went in another room and cried......

Comment

I like the third pic where you can see straight thru to the crank
                          sigpic

Comment

I had a York A/C compressor seize up on me, pulled it apart and found a shattered and broken connecting rods. Then the donor Compressor I got had a bad head that destroyed the pistons...Swapped the good pistons from my compressor to the good connecting rods and crank of the donor compressor. I haven't been able to try it out yet due to bad A/C hoses and it's now winter :-\

I split the pistons to get the wristpin out, they just wouldn't come out.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                              I blew u my Dremel when it was running hot so I had the bright idea of shooting keyboard duster into it to cool it off..... nope, that was exciting as the whole motor casing lit on fire!!!!! Amazingly after I turned it off and let it cool down, it still worked with a kickstart.
                              I blew up a Chicago Electric rotary tool, but I didn't even have to cool it! Sparks and metal winding shot out of the case. I also blew the motor in my CRX at about 6000rpm, it felt like I ran over a paint can or something! Turns out it was the front side of the block. Unusual because Hondas don't usually grenade with 120K on them. They usually have milder pilots though. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X