Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I blew up my lawn mower! Did you ever blow up anything unusual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I blew up my lawn mower! Did you ever blow up anything unusual?

LMAO...carnage is carnage...thats a big ass hole....

I blew up a chevy350 with 180k and a 383 with low oil press an olds 350 with no oil and a olds 267 with no water.... is that unusual or just stupid?

Comment

Geez, I've never grenaded a lawn mower before. I have, however, seized one up by running it out of oil. It stopped so suddenly that it flipped over. It's not like I haven't tried to blow em up. I've run over concrete splash buckets, curbs, sidewalks, tree roots, rakes, shovels, and Dad's rhubarb plants ;D. I hate rhubarb. Needless to say, I got real good at sharpening blades and pissing off Dad. More than once I've woken up Dad from a nap hitting something with the mower to where he came running outside in his skivvies to see what his damn kid was doing.

On another note, I did grenade the first engine I built. Reusing the old harmonic balancer caused the bolts on the front main cap to come loose, fall out; and then the main cap fell into the pan only to have the spinning crank toss it around for a while until it finally exited the pan and got jammed on the crossmember. It's what I get for using an old balancer, and painting my engine white.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I wish I had some pics to show you guys. We have had a rash of air compressor issues on out haul trucks at work lately. The compressors are v-twins liquid cooled and engine oil pressure fed. They are gear driven off the front of a 2500hp 16cyl diesel. When the compressor goes bad it simply destroys eveything. All that was left of the last one was a crankshaft spinning around and a cylinder hanging from the hose on each side. The block was completely gone and of course engine oil was spraying everywhere.

We also had a truck that was smoking from one side of the exhaust (same 16cly diesel). Turned out it was missing the heads off three valves on one cylinder. You couldn't even tell it was missing when it was running. You wouldn't belive the destruction when things go bad in one of these engines. And its huge dollars to fix.

Comment

I threw a rod through the side of the block on one of our old push mowers. At first I thought there was a stick stuck in the chute and that was causing the ticking noise. Well, no stick, so I started it back up. Thats when the oil started coming out. "Oooh..." :P

Comment

I blew up a doll one time.....does that count? :

Comment

As long as you had fun with it... No further details required thank you... ;D ;D
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lobucrod
                Oh...........This one has got me turned upside down laughing ;D ;D

Only you Lobucrod..............only you..............go back to sleep ???

Comment

Originally posted by Budro35
                  Originally posted by Lobucrod
                  Oh...........This one has got me turned upside down laughing ;D ;D

Only you Lobucrod..............only you..............go back to sleep ???
                  So am I the reason for your new avitar??? Have you clicked your refresh button in the last few days??? :D

Comment

Just remember..............PAYBACKS.............I know how to mess with your inventory........ ;D ;D

Comment

I blew up a 318 one with a 350hp nitrous shot. It was stock 79 318 with low miles, except for a torquer intake and Crane ignition box.

Got it into the 12's on a 250hp shot in the dart. Decided to go all out so I borrowed my friends big shot plate, jets, and solinoids, and let her eat. Good thing I had a built 340 waiting in the wings to replace it.

The block cracked in a V from each main bolt up the middle and the crank left the engine before the 60 ft mark. Straight down - into the centerlink and K-member, and through the trans case. Smashed teh passenger side exhaust pipe and muffler and put a dent into the rear end housing as I went over it. The front wheels sudden tried to go in different directions and the car stopped pretty fast.

Was kind of cool getting out of the car to see the mother of all oildowns, and my crank and rods, with some pistons, and the mains still attached, sitting in the middle of the track. The track officials were not amused and were prying pieces of engine out of the track surface for a half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse N.
                        I wish I had some pics to show you guys. We have had a rash of air compressor issues on out haul trucks at work lately. The compressors are v-twins liquid cooled and engine oil pressure fed. They are gear driven off the front of a 2500hp 16cyl diesel. When the compressor goes bad it simply destroys eveything. All that was left of the last one was a crankshaft spinning around and a cylinder hanging from the hose on each side. The block was completely gone and of course engine oil was spraying everywhere.

We also had a truck that was smoking from one side of the exhaust (same 16cly diesel). Turned out it was missing the heads off three valves on one cylinder. You couldn't even tell it was missing when it was running. You wouldn't belive the destruction when things go bad in one of these engines. And its huge dollars to fix.
                        That's the truth!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

First motor that I blew was a 400 sbc it got down two quarts of oil .Bought it used and I didn't seem to be smoking.Anyway the lifters never rattled just a faint knock started.I shut it off immediately checked and filled the oil (since it poblably had only been in for 2-3 months ) and hoped it would go away,it didn't. In'91 you could buy good sbcs for 150 bucks so I decided to see how long it would last.2 days. Man when it let go ,it shot rod out the side of the block and oil pan ,you could hear things richocet of the interstate and the floorboard then that cloud of smoke and then silence.I coasted to the end of the next off ramp.

Comment

My friend did that with a 307.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've also bown a few lawn tractor engines (not on purpose ) and the 305 Ihad in the family wagon at the time. But when it went it was nothing. Was driving along to work and it started losing power than a small clunk clunk and that was it . think a cap let go on the down stroke and the rod blocked the crank from spinning any more.

Comment

Back in high school, my best friend and I rigged a leaf blower onto a self-propelled mower. Our theory was it would act like a supercharger. It was pretty dumb, but we were broke and wanted to wrench on something.

Comment

Working...
                                X