No announcement yet.

Pics of Keith Turk's IRON BUTT ride!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Keith Turk's IRON BUTT ride!!!!

Well, Turk calls me yesterday mumbling some crazy shit about Hot Wheels cars and cats needed to be fed every 24 hours and Tonya being outta town and him being left to his own devises, THIS is where things start to come together.. ;D

Anyhow, he decides to to hit the highway on this "Iron Butt" ride where you get some goofy cert. and the such for taking a 1000 mile cruise in 24 hours..

Here are some pics of his halfway point when he pulled up to my shop around noon today.

Here is Turk pulling up. I had a little present waiting for him.. ;D

Of course he has his favorite beverage with him.

Just happened to be an appropriate sign to his left, considering it took him almost 11 hours to go 500 miles!

Here he is proudly showing off the Hot Wheels cars that he got.. He was kind enough to give me the "69 Super Bee, he kept the E100 van. (That is a customer of mine to the left trying to figure this guy out.. I told him don't bother!)

This is Turk showing off his "tools" for repair if he was to break down. There is a shirt in the background, not sure what significance that has, maybe a rag to wipe grease off his hands in the event of a roadside repair. ;D

Of course we had to mod a Diet Coke bottle so Turk could stay hydrated on his long trip back.

Kids, don't try this at home, this should only be attempted by professionals.

This is me wishing him luck on his "Iron Butt" award!

Gotta test the new hydration device before the big trip.

He had a little equipment malfunction, might have to revise the hydration unit at a later time..

This is Turk riding off into the sunset... This shot is after his bad attempt of standing that BMW on the back tire..

Figure he should be about 7 hours into his return trip.. He said he caught some real bad weather on the way down and was expecting to hit it on the way back. Hey, I say the "06 Drag Week win will ALWAYS be the most cherished one due to the terrible conditions to NEVER be duplicated again!!

Re: Pics of Keith Turk's IRON BUTT ride!!!!

That's just awesome.... im jealous

Comment

500 miles in 11 hours? That's averaging 45.45 mph. Did he actually drive on a freeway? I drive 450 in 6.5 when I go to see the family.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

hey where did he find that e100? it was a ford right? that was my first "hot rod" and ive been looking for a hotweels or a model

Comment

Go Keith!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It looks like Kieth only goes fast on 4 wheels.

Comment

Go Turk, that rules
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome. Congratulations on your iron butt.

Comment

LOL, you guys are nuts! Keith, after a ride like that, does anytihng hurt? I mean Iron butt= sitting is out of the question for a week!

Mike

Comment

I know I'd need a massage. I used to lie flat on the floor and my cat would get on my back and kneed it for a while then fall asleep on it. Actually helped sometimes. Though I imagine now that I am older I need a little asian girl to walk all over it for me.

Is Iron Butt going to be your new nick name?
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Are these Iron Butt rides some sort of get rich quick scheme? A guy in my car club was soliciting sponsors for his ride. It didn't seem like a big deal to me as i often drive 1400 miles in about 18 hours non-stop. He gathered several hundred bucks in sponsorship from car club members and i'm thinking that's ample gas money to drive a big block car 1000 miles so a motorbike shouldn't require anywhere close to that.

Comment

I would have liked to do it for a charity... but yeah... total cost of the whole project was less then 100 start to finish...

K

Comment

Hey Keith congrats on getting your Buns of Steel. ;) ;D

Aaahh, you know I'm just playing, so have you sat down any today, cause I'm sure your butt hurts after a ride like that. I know mine did and that was only after a 300 mile ride.

Your the man.
                          Peace Out, TC

Comment

Working...
                          X