Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Car Craft Nationals, anyone here going??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Car Craft Nationals, anyone here going??

I JUST read that the 2015 Car Craft Summer Nationals will be in Milwaukee this year! Anyone on Bangshift going?
    I'll very likely be there as it's only about an hour away and Milwaukee is a great place for an event like this! The city has numerous festivals each year, and all of the Harley homecoming stuff, so I suspect the city will embrace this event big time.

im sure greg rourke and bob chiluk - the cagney and lacy of BS will be there since they are literlly down the street
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'm curious WHAT is planned for the oval and road course but I'm sure some side trips to the Grove are planned too. Almost makes me wish I didn't escape that area back in the '80s but there is still snow..... a LOT of snow.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Power Tour rolling through Madison in June and now this in July? I might have to stick around just for these!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

After my power tour experience last year, I think I'm done with that event.

Comment

Huh? What happened??? Every time I've been to the Tour it's been great.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

It was a total traffic jam cluster, It was the second power tour traffic jam i had been in.
              I'm out now, I think it's just to big now?

Comment

I've been going to the CC nats in Minnesota for the past few years and am going to continue going to the newly named "Street Machine Nationals", still at the MN state fairgrounds on the same weekend in July. I'm interested to see how the dueling events do in 2015. It's a shame it had to come to 2 events with similar names, on the same dates, in different locations, fighting over the same cars to attend.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

There hasnt been an east coast nats since 1988 .....Englishtown

Tony Defeo chased em out

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                    It was a total traffic jam cluster, It was the second power tour traffic jam i had been in.
                    We had to skip last year, but I've heard the war stories. We get out early, don't do meetings and run ahead of the pack. That seems to help, haven't had too much traffic in 6 Long Hauls. come on back!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                      I've been going to the CC nats in Minnesota for the past few years and am going to continue going to the newly named "Street Machine Nationals", still at the MN state fairgrounds on the same weekend in July. I'm interested to see how the dueling events do in 2015. It's a shame it had to come to 2 events with similar names, on the same dates, in different locations, fighting over the same cars to attend.

History is repeating itself. CC used to have Street Machine Nats in Sacramento. They moved out, but left the name behind. The show died in the early 1990's because people were street racing between the show and the grudge races at Sacramento Raceway.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post

I just got out of the car and took pictures or talked to people when it was a standstill. There may have been a lot of jams, but it was the coolest damn traffic jams I have ever been in. Gave us time to talk to the other people around us, relax for a bit, groove to the radio and the scenery. I'd much rather be there than at work or on the couch.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

I am planning on going to this. I'm also planning on going to the Oldsmobile Nationals the following week in Brookfield. I went on two legs of the Power Tour last year and ran into the same traffic issues. I had a great time on the road but the events were impossible to get into on time. We made it to from Rockford to Davenport just to sit in line. We finally got in around 7 pm. Luckily the group I was running with was from the Dells area and we came in the back way, but we weren't the only ones that knew this way in. We found a place to park on the golf course and signed up a 4:45 pm.

Comment

Maybe, it's close to home. Depends on what I have running, where I am sleeping, and how much cash I have. I'd sure like to go.

Comment

Working...
                            X