Detroit's Abandoned Silverdome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's Abandoned Silverdome

Haunting new photos of Detroit's abandoned Silverdome reveal how one of the country's most famous stadiums is now just an empty shell left to rot

Haunting & eerie ?
    What a bunch of drama queens !!!

Comment

I'm with Malc. That's weird to see it abandoned. I've seen many a tractor pull there and several concerts though it really wasn't the best concert venue. I remember when it was new fer Pete's sake! Time marches on I guess. And now where are the Lions playing poorly?

Dan

Comment

It's in Pontiac, it's not even a bad neighborhood... and I was just at Ford Field which is downtown and unbelievably deluxe.

Here in the rust belt we have artsy parasites that find any sort of urban decay, break in, and photograph it for a willing public who only want to believe Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Pennsylvania are shit holes.

If I forget to mow my lawn for a week, some hipster is making a documentary about how great America used to be.
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Good to hear from you Milky! Where ya been?

Dan

Comment

I've been around but I only swing by the forum once in a while. Bryan and Brian make it too easy to follow BS on facebook.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich View Post
              I've been around but I only swing by the forum once in a while. Bryan and Brian make it too easy to follow BS on facebook.
              Do they have sponsors there?? I would think they are losing money by using F/B...........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

sounds like a good way to make money so that you can afford a made-in-china lawn mower ;)
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

. . . .about how great America used to be.
                  The first online Ruins of Detroit tour from 1997. The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit is a DetroitYES.com Project of Greater Detroit and Windsor

Comment

Crosley in Cincinnati . . . . http://www.abandonedonline.net/locat...sley-building/

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                      amazing stuff.
                      I was reading the first fiber optic updates to one of the multi millon dollar building was in 2000 something...and that was the first in detroit.

It is eery to get crawling around, moving cold war era copper around for new stuff. I helped update the local university here in maine, ended up in attics and tiny places...grinding a 90 degree edge.
                      The silence of just how strong those places are can be found there.

with all the smarts in capital money, you would think there would be somebody cranking out manufacturing similar, filling voids.
                      I know of several engines and drivetrains beaten for being simply genius.

blah. Truth wins in a good way eventually.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 22, 2014, 09:06 AM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Buildings are the one thing people have hard time getting rid of. We recycle everything else when its useful life is over. Sports stadiums have a shorter life cycle than most other buildings. Add economic hardships and a few looking for fame and you have a photo montage meant to stir the emotions.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Haunting? Compared to the abandoned Packard factory, (also in Detroit) this place is practically vibrant.

Comment

And the Michigan Central train station, once the largest (at least tallest) train station in the country. I'll see if I can pull up a pic.

Found it:

This place was a cathedral. Oops - be right back. I have to shrink the pic.

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; December 22, 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

looking a bit decrepit, but still standing
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X