X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotRodLadyCrusr
    replied
    Re: Road trips, rules

No rules what so ever make for stress free road trips.

;)

Leave a comment:

• RacerRick
    replied

No mexican food unless its a convertable.

Otherwise...if someone farts, no keeping the window up or putting the heater on recirculate. You want that stank to leave the car ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied

Back roads and local eateries are a must.
    I'm not much for limiting the stops, however, if it were up to me I would stop at every historical marker, museum, a interesting looking place that I could.

One essential for a real good road trip would ideally be no time limits. If time is limited there are a lot of cool places that get missed because you have to be someplace at a certain time.

Leave a comment:

• FEF100
    replied

Originally posted by DanStokes

....but mostly we just use the Arches for toilets.....
    I thought that was what the "golden arches" stood for.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

At my advanced age, part of the fun is potty stops. And ya gotta take the dog (Beaux is GREAT in the car). We take back roads whenever possible, even if we're trying to cover ground. If you look at the map, there is often an "old road" parallel to the interstate, lined with interesting stuff. I can't tell you all the things we saw in Montana. Most recently, we saw a lot of interesting areas in rural Alabama. I, of course, am looking behind every old shop and barn for interesting cars, but we didn't have quite enough time to dig out the camera - maybe next trip.

I agree with the "no fast food" rule. We sometimes get stuck, but mostly we just use the Arches for toilets. Beaux finds something in their grass to mark, and we go on the find a local place to dine. It's ALMOST always better, but sometimes it's just an - uh - EXPERIENCE.

So, tour on, dudes
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    Guest replied

No pets

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

Originally posted by JoeyG
    no rest stops between gas fillups
    that's a good one! forces you to drive something that gets really crappy mileage, so you can stop to pee every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• JoeyG
    replied

If your with Tommy or Paul, ear plugs help at night.

Otherwise no rest stops between gas fillups

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    started a topic Road trips, rules

Road trips, rules

couple of rules that can be used for any portion of a trip.... Maybe you only have 4 hrs to kill on a given day.... but you could state.... " Road Trip Rules apply " and for the next 4 hrs you could kick back and enjoy the trip.

here are a few proposed rules...

No 4 lanes
    No Fast food
    No Chains ( restraunts, hotels, or gas stations )

You guys have any thoughts? Something you have done that makes a trip more enjoyable?

Keith

Working...
X