Chrysler, you got 30 days or your out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler, you got 30 days or your out

Frustrated administration officials, speaking on condition of anonymity ahead of Obama?s announcement, said Chrysler has been given a 30-day window to complete a proposed partnership with Italian automaker Fiat SpA. The government will offer up to $6 billion to the companies if they can negotiate a deal before time runs out. If a Chrysler-Fiat union cannot be completed, Washington plans to walk away, leaving Chrysler destined for a complete sell-off.

Well looks like Chrysler's fate is in the hands of the Italians.

Re: Chrysler, you got 30 days or your out

Wow,how ironic....we're having Pasta tonight at Mom's :o! It MUST BE fate ;D ;D! Someone SINK that Chrysler Battleship once 'an for all > ;D!! ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Hey look on the bright side if Fiat and Chrysler merge, they'll probably end up making great pizza delivery vehicles. ;) ;D

Comment

FAREWELL , BON VOYAGE

Comment

I'm surprised to find myself supporting a liberal in this case. Let them sink. From the ashes a better auto industry will eventually emerge, and we'll be better in the long run. Why extend a painful death? It only prolongs the suffering.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

worked at chrysler all summer
            the world ain't going to miss much if they are replaced with topolinos

Comment

I'm not a fan of More Old Parts And Rust.... but I do feel for the thousands of workers who get to figure out how to pay their mortgage, provide for their kids, and eat when Ma Mopar dies.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I wish we never bailed out any auto companies
                then we could have more, small, high quality cars, like we had in the 50s
                Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I've said all along that the gov't should stay out of the money loaning business and let them all sink or swim. Let them file bankruptcy and then restructure and renegotiate contracts. If they survive, more power to them, if they sink, tough sh!t, should've run their business properly.

Comment

Hey, wait a minute. Didn't the US taxpayers already bail them out once? Only for them to get healthy and profitable again and have Mercedes buy them. So the US taxpayers were duped once and made the Germans rich, now we're supposed to make the Italians rich as well?
                    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                      Hey, wait a minute. Didn't the US taxpayers already bail them out once? Only for them to get healthy and profitable again and have Mercedes buy them. So the US taxpayers were duped once and made the Germans rich, now we're supposed to make the Italians rich as well?
                      homework much?

US taxpayers gave them a loan once before, which they paid off EARLY. We made money on that deal.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                        You're a sharp kid.

Right now, we're ripe for smaller companies with smaller workforces with people who are MOTIVATED - not people who expect a raise for pushing the same broom for 25 years.

This ain't all bad.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                          Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                          You're a sharp kid.

Right now, we're ripe for smaller companies with smaller workforces with people who are MOTIVATED - not people who expect a raise for pushing the same broom for 25 years.

This ain't all bad.
                          I hear ya,
                          Right or wrong it's similar to the Feds creating new territory to supervise these monster companies. Some might say it's anti capitalist, but when these company's intentionally buy others to prop them selves up then come in needing a hand out under the guise that they're to big to fail. I say good riddance. Maybe if the feds were up their ass's they wouldn't allow these companies to get to this point.
                          I'm down with small companies better product and more selection, lets go back to coach built.
                          Chris

Comment

Coach built cars were great for the 1% of the population that could afford them.

I like the idea and thought process of the "small companies save the day" deal, but let's be realistic here. Without hundreds of millions of dollars (mimimum) companies in the business of mass producing automobiles are not going to be springing up all over the country.

Eagle, you make a good point, but, "high quality cars of the 1950's"?! I guess all things are relative, but quality now is eons ahead of where it was in the 1950's.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Chrysler is already saying that they have a deal with Fiat. That didn't take long.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X