why is this forum so hard to navigate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is this forum so hard to navigate

I read and post to a few forums, this is buy far the most difficult. It wasn't always like this, what happened? How do i fix it?
    http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...IMG_3754-1.jpg

I guess we're used to it... I don't have an issue with the site!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I use the activity stream button the most now. Since the most recent round with vB Mark I don't really have any complaints with how the forum is functioning now. There are a few small features that would be nice to have working, but at least my cursor isn't jumping around all the time like it used to. That was the most maddening.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I seriously don't use any of those features. Just log in, scroll down to the first unread post and go from there.

What's your biggest difficulty with navigating here?
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

WTF is so hard about navigating. you click on shit, it opens, you read it, you move on...
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Huh?
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

No question that the feed from CJTV days was easier to read. We've gotten used to deep diving and hunting our threads down here with vBortion 5 for the most part... pictures are easy if you hotlink off of a photo hosting site like Photobucket, but uploading isn't the most intuitive with the Advanced interface.

First thing - ignore the Camera button and use the image button. Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.png
Views:	62
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	999782
              Attached Files
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Part two of the Camera button fail:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fail2.png
Views:	57
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	999786
                Attached Files

Comment

Editing attachments is likewise a little confusing:

Name:	fail4.png
Views:	60
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	999788

In my case, the first attachment is the one that generated the error.

Comment

Copying and pasting from Photobucket is pretty easy... upload to photobucket, open the picture, right click, Copy, come back here, Paste. Photobucket has it's own quirks. So does Facebook from what I'm told. Anyway, back to the Picture dance...

Name:	fail6.png
Views:	70
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	999791
                    Attached Files

Comment

Name:	fail7.png
Views:	57
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	999795

Click on the Upload Tab

Name:	fail8.png
Views:	62
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	999796

browse to the file you want, select it, and then "Send it to the Server"

I'm not sure why the Camera icon behaves differently, but like little things that go wrong with the daily driver, I often just work around it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Replying to posts with quotes, copy and pasting and trying to insert pictures.

Moving around within the text as I type.

Little stuff, but it gets annoying.

Comment

the double quote is a fail - you have to go find the one you quoted already in the thread and unclick it. The "Quote will be red on both of them.

The text part as you type isn't really a problem any more than any other forum for me. Are you on a phone maybe? The phone guys have been commenting on that... not sure what to offer there.

Hang in there, it gets lest frustrating. At least until the next installation. The guys try hard to respond to whatever we complain about, but this version of vBulletin reminds me for all the world of Vista.

Comment

vBortion Nice educational posts Beags. The V8Buick board is now moving to the HAMB forum software after their last vB upgrade hiccup (wasn't as bad as here, but definitely put a damper on things) and looked like the next vB upgrade was going to be even more problematic.

I forgot about the multi-quote not working, which is a pain at times.

As I said though, the last round of upgrades/improvements I think went pretty dang well and the functionality is essentially all there.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yes I'm on a phone, but I always use desktop view on all sites. Here it always feels like I'm stuck in "mobile view" or like the astroglide sites have "enhanced view"

I guess I was 1/2 way hoping someone that i'm missing the button that takes it to a "desktop" view.

Comment

Working...
                              X