Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

I was thinking of trying a standing mile event after Bonneville so what is everyone using for tires..In the rules for the Texas Mile Hoosier R7 and A7 compounds with a W rating are allowed to run in excess of the speed rating. Any others?? I am running M/T front runners all around for the salt but I got an Email from M/T that they are only good to 200 MPH and I hope to break the 200 MPH barrier next summer. Thanks for your time!! Steve!

Hi, have you checked at Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels for your tires? I guess, they do have complete line of tires.

Comment

It is good to share thoughts with others. You should become a regular reader on the forum for new automobile updates.
      [unauthorized link removed]

Comment

The frontrunners are a popular option. I run Nitto drag radials in the back, mostly because I needed a taller tire and anything tall with a decent speed rating is hard to come by. Luckily, the S-10 has big enough wheel wells to accommodate. And Steve - don't forget to come on down to Blytheville, Arkansas to the new ECTA track! I'd love to meet you and see the car.

Dan

Comment

So are Nitto drag radials legal at Bonneville and the standing mile? If the car stays together I would like to do the Colorado mile after Bonneville and then Blytheville. Asking alot of the old girl but I tore down the engine and it shows almost no wear. By the way look up Wembley Alberta I am about 2300 miles north west of Blytheville about a 40 hour tow.

Comment

I'm not sure about Bonneville but I'm pretty sure the faster cars at ECTA run drag radials which do have a higher speed rating though I don't remember the letter. If you contact Keith Turk thru the ECTA website you can get better - and official - info.

Dan

Comment

ECTA minimum tire requirements;
              Up to 125 MPH - original equipment QR or RR tires
              Up to 150 MPH - SR, TR or UR rated tires
              Up to 175 MPH - HR rated tires
              Up to 225 MPH - VR, WR YR or ZR rated tires or steel-belted drag radials
              Above 225 MPH - tire waiver required

Comment

Working...
              X