Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 ECTA Race Schedule

Got an ECTA email that outlined two interesting updates;

1) If you register now until the end of 2018, the 10-day advance notice policy will be waived. If you cancel, the entry fee will roll over to another #ECTAmile event.

2) 1/2 mile racing is available and all 1/2-mile records are OPEN.

2019 ECTA SCHEDULE
    APRIL 26, 27, 28
    JUNE 7, 8, 9
    SEPTEMBER 27, 28, 29

BLYTHEVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
    4701 Memorial Ave. Blytheville, Arkansas 72315

Should that advance notice roll-over policy be called the "Peewee Rule"?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Looking forward to getting back on the track. I hope to rework the cage in Mutt this winter but house repairs following the storm may get in the way of that. The existing cage is functional and safe but a bit clunky to work with - either way, I can still run.

Not sure what to make of the 1/2 mile thing. If I read the rules correctly it would cost me another entry fee to record a 1/2 mile record in addition to the 1 mile record and I what I really care about is the 1 mile stuff.

Dan

Comment

A lot of the 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag racing strategies and tactics don't apply to 1-mile and greater LSR, so it will be interesting to see how teams adjust to the new target.

Comment

Steve posted that there's no additional class fee, just a $25 fee to switch classes so that's not too bad. I might as well go for it for $25!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            A lot of the 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag racing strategies and tactics don't apply to 1-mile and greater LSR, so it will be interesting to see how teams adjust to the new target.
            Glued track vs not glued track surface. Racing for ET vs racing for MPH. So no, not only are the goals different, but how you get there is different.

Comment

Working...
            X