Utah votes Five Million to Save the Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah votes Five Million to Save the Salt

According to Land Speed Louise, Utah voters agreed that the state of Utah should spend $5 million on improving and conserving the Bonneville Salt Flats. Now, we'll see if it really happens....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

The other big question: Is that going to be enough? I mean, there's also the "how much goes towards administration and useless overhead" but that's kinda common for any gov't project.

I'll likely never get a chance to race on the salt, but it'd be terribly sad if we lost the ability to do so.

Comment

It's a start. Legislation is needed to stop the mining of the salt, and the return of what's left after they've pulled the potash out of the salt.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Good to hear that that passed! Like Stude said, it's a start. The current mining company has been somewhat better than the previous potash companies but as I understand it there's a huge stash of salt from previous mining piled in the wrong place so the need is to redistribute the salt back onto the flats. The current mining company helps a little but it's not a mess that they made so this legislation should help to turn the piled up salt into a slurry and pump it back out on the flats - hope it works. Or I guess each racer could bring a 5 pound bag of Morton's and spread it around.......

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X