Junior Land Speed Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Land Speed Racers

My grandson races a junior dragster and has done for 4 years. He wanted to know why they don't have a junior program at the Salt Flats. It has worked out quite well for getting the next generation of Drag racers and I thought his dragster could be converted to a junior lakester very easily. They could run a short part of the rookie course later in the week. Any thoughts??

As I remember someone ran a Junior Dragster on the salt when I was there in 1998, but the Briggs motor was running on nitro. They pushed him up to 70, and then he drove it to 110. The sprocket on the drive axle was as big as a pizza.
    Last edited by studemax; June 21, 2019, 02:36 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm not aware of a program for this but we can ask around and see if there's enough interest. I should warn you that they usually tell you to write up proposed rules and submit them for review. This means that all of a sudden YOU are the guru for the class - think carefully about taking this on! It would be a ton of fun for the kids, though, and there is interest in getting younger enthusiasts involved. Mike Keaney (not sure I spelled that right), my boss in Impound, would probably be a great guy to ask as he's mentioned getting new folks interested.

Comment

Working...
      X