Bangshift Sponsoring ECTA Street Car Shootout in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangshift Sponsoring ECTA Street Car Shootout in April

I see Bangshift will be sponsoring the ECTA Street Car Shootout competition in Blytheville next month. Is anyone else going to be there?

Wish I could.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Wish I could, too. I thought of bringing Truck (the Dodge/Cummins C/DT) which now has a freshly refurbished cylinder head and big injectors. I know I could bump the C/DT record considerably. But there just isn't enough $$ in the car account. Maybe next year.

Dan

Comment

Will everything be back to normal by then.

Comment

Doesn't look like it; event is being rescheduled to possibly June:

We are sad to inform you all, we must postpone our April event.

This decisions was not an easy one for us. We've been staying up to date on COVID-19 announcement, both nationally, in Arkansas and specific to Blytheville. Currently Arkansas is one of the few states without a "Shelter in Place" or similar order but restaurants are take-out or delivery only and as of today, the Governor of Arkansas has placed restrictions on hotels and lodging.

We recognized the nature of our event did allow for greater physical distance than many other events but still wanted to take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our racers and staff. We were evaluating all of our procedures to determine if there was a safe way for us to still race when the Blytheville Airport we rent from informed us the airport will likely not be available. What is usually just a few planes that we can easily work around is turning into a full field of planes that are currently not in use given the significantly reduced air traffic.

Due to this news regarding hotels and availability of the airport, we have no choice but to delay this event. We are currently working to secure a date in June and will keep you informed of such.

We miss our racers very much and hope you all are staying safe and healthy.

Thank you
          Steve Strupp
          President ECTA .llc

Comment

BUMMER!!!!

Dan

Comment

Breaking news: event rescheduled to July 4th weekend. Tech inspection starting Thursday 2nd July, racing up to 1.25 miles on Friday and Saturday, and up to 1.5 miles on Sunday.

Car cruise around Bytheville on Saturday night as part of the Bangshift challenge.

Comment

You guys have fun! I'm still scheduled for Maine in July and there's no way I can hit both of them. I'll be with you in spirit.

Dan

Comment

Car cruise around Bytheville on Saturday night as part of the Bangshift challenge.
                  So basically you're going to drive back and forth between the Interstate and the McDonalds where the road curves?
                  What is that? About a mile and a half?
                  Last edited by studemax; May 11, 2020, 01:15 PM.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Actually, in the past they designed a cruise that made for 25 or so miles. I followed them even though I wasn't in the challenge (we were invited to follow along) and we saw some countryside, the tech school, several neighborhoods, and ended up at the restored bus station. HRM set the standard for the cruise and I suppose it's up to BS whether to continue that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

So basically you're going to drive back and forth between the Interstate and the McDonalds where the road curves?
                      What is that? About a mile and a half?
                      Last year we did 10 miles or so - from the base out through Gosnell, down to the Tech College for some photos, and then back to the bus station for more photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_194046.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1,002.7 KB
ID:	1269880Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_191227.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	765.1 KB
ID:	1269881

Comment

Ten miles - seemed longer to me but whaddaIkno?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X