Who's Going To ECTA in October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Going To ECTA in October?

With Mutt nearly done and ready and the trailer rebuild nearing completion it looks like I might just make it. I'm eager to see what the new turbo does for ol' Mutt.

So who else is coming and what changes are you hoping to test out? I love seeing what folks have done and learning how the results pan out.

There's enough land there for us all to stay safe with just a tad of care and caution. If I keep my distance please know that I'd love to be closer but I'm at high risk and pretty much follow all guidelines as best as I can because I need to. I hope that by next year we can all hang out as usual (I'll be first in line for the vaccine!).

Dan

I'm planning to be there with a new car, to see how it runs before I start further mods. Should be a little faster than the Challenger, and it's certainly louder! NA 427 with a cam, intake and "limited" muffling.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	56.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.4 KB ID:	1278638Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	426.9 KB ID:	1278639

Click image for larger version  Name:	55.jpg Views:	0 Size:	288.2 KB ID:	1278637
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; August 22, 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Vroom Vroom! It looks more non-stock than I would have guessed.

Dan

Comment

Bummer. After careful consideration I've decided to sit this one out as we await a vaccine. With all my health "issues" it will be a really bad thing if I get Covid. While I know my fellow racers would take care of themselves and of me the 2 days travel in each direction have a high possibility of exposing me to who-knows-who so the smart money is to wait. I can't tell y'all how disappointing this is - I want to see what all Mutt's changes will do on the track. I'll be first in line for the vaccine as my Docs all want me to get it ASAP.

Dan

Comment

Counting your chickens before they are hatched, Dan?
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

That sucks, but probably the smartest play. What about being a real renegade and seeing how many cops are actually working these days? Are they even checking registrations right now?
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              That sucks, but probably the smartest play. What about being a real renegade and seeing how many cops are actually working these days? Are they even checking registrations right now?
              Mutt is so far from road worthy that I might as well put an "ILLEGAL" neon sign on the roof.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                Counting your chickens before they are hatched, Dan?
                A bit but the vaccine looks like a pretty good bet by spring. My GP has already told me I'll get an early dose.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Mutt is so far from road worthy that I might as well put an "ILLEGAL" neon sign on the roof.

Dan
                  it'll slow you down... just sayin.

Comment

A bit but the vaccine looks like a pretty good bet by spring. My GP has already told me I'll get an early dose.
                    So, yeah. How's the line on this in Vegas?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                      Mutt is not that far out. What some of the DW guys get by with you should be fine. If you did want to put plates on it it should be pretty easy as long as you have the title. NC changed the law. Now anything 30 years or older doesn't need an inspection. You just take the title in, write the check come out with tags. I would suggest working brake lights and head lights if going out after dark.

I am too old to do mile long pulls on the street. So I would understand if that was not something you wanted to do. I don't see any problem taking him to get a hamburger.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

No exhaust system, no lights nor even wiring for lights, no brake lights nor even a brake light switch, no turn signals nor turn signal guts in the column, no windshield wipers nor motor and linkage - want me to keep going? I'd need a guide car front and rear. But he does have a functional tilt wheel!

Dan

Comment

Russell's right about some of the Dragweek stuff. I'm sure there is enough exhaust to keep it from coming in the cab, right? Rainex=windshield wiper. The rest of that junk is for the guys behind you to worry about - throw that left arm out the window, it's not just there to dry your nails! I bet that's not even on the drivers test any more. Besides, guys behind you don't matter.

Do you have a horn to let them know to get the hell out of the way?

Just kidding Dan, we would not want to see it get the bad kind of impounded.

Comment

Nope, no horn either...... Pretty much anything like that you can name the answer is no. The exhaust comes off the turbo and immediately out the right front fender.

Dan

Comment

Counting down to next week's event. Looks like there could be a big turnout, and good weather for racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X