Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Hi pdub

More research suggests it won't be useful because SCT doesn't have canned tunes available for my year Focus, so I would need a custom tune anyway it looks like - e.g. from Steeda.
    Hold on!!!! You do the research, can you use a Diablo Sport inTune i2? Model number VR-2000 ?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Hold on!!!! You do the research, can you use a Diablo Sport inTune i2? Model number VR-2000 ?
      Research says no - Diablosport only supports the later Focus ST. I think my gen Focus was too niche for many handheld tuner companies.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Was he running time only? I thought you couldn't block off the grille....
        No, we ran in the new ECTA street vehicle classes for trucks (Modern Street and Super Street, 6 cylinder n/ aspirated).

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Research says no - Diablosport only supports the later Focus ST. I think my gen Focus was too niche for many handheld tuner companies.
          Well shucks. I've got this VR-2000 that came in the big box with Red's blower parts. The tuner came loaded with a startup tune. Which means the engine will definitely crank and run if you have all the blower parts in the box installed. Dyno Man said it's a good thing I took Red to him directly afterward, said that the startup tune was way too lean and would have burned a piston over time.

He cleaned out the inTune's data and handed it back to me. He said, "You can sell this to somebody, you won't be needing it anymore." Which actually meant, "Don't you ever hook this up to Red and mess up my perfect tune."

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X