Loring July 2022 Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loring July 2022 Meet

So I'm back from Loring with 2 new records in F/DT. That's 132.373 in the mile and 139.134 in the 1.5 mile. Mutt is now owned by Jake Sims of Alabama and he set the E/DT record at 133+ in the 1.5 (I can't remember the 1 mile speed). LTA allows you to run "up" in engine class so both are good records given that nobody had ever run the lower displacement Diesel Truck classes. I considered running Truck (the Dodge Diesel) in C/DT (also an open class) but decided to be frugal and save the $$. Mutt is off with his new person and now lives in Alabama.

Pics:

Me arriving at the track Beverly Hillbillies style. Jake's buddy Lon got the scooter so I made that rig to haul it. As a prototype it worked pretty well and it could be refined into a really good pit bike rack. Mutt's spare engine is in the back of Truck on it's stand and I also brought a lot of other spare bits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1249.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1322880

Pics of cars at the start line:

Comet with a Chevy in it, probably a SBC as it's a "C" engine, (5-6 liters)

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1322881
    '46 (I think) Ford with some kind of big block (note the "A" engine designation). I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner.

Name:	IMG_1252.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1322882
    Mutt (obviously)

Name:	IMG_1253.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1322883
    Nice looking Camaro, SBC I think

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	993.7 KB
ID:	1322884

Then it was time to pack up and head home. I'll take some pics of what I brought home but here's Lon and Jake packing out,

Mutt on Lon's trailer and headed for Alabama. Jake's wearing the hat, Lon has nothin on his head!

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	955.5 KB
ID:	1322885

They decided to carry the engine on the front of their trailer so here's everything loaded up. It worked out pretty well. What I didn't get was a shot of the scooter loaded inside the Suburban.

Name:	IMG_1259.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	970.1 KB
ID:	1322886

We got rained out one afternoon but all in all a pretty good couple of days of racing. LTA officials said they had about 70 entries (cars and bikes combined) so everybody got all the runs they wanted. This track is VERY remote but the experience was worth doing.

Way to go, thanks for posting!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Congratulations on the records! I have always wanted to go to Loring but every time I look up the directions it doesn't get any closer.

Is now a good time to mention I miss Maxton...
      Last edited by Russell; July 19, 2022, 02:35 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        Congratulations on the records! I have always wanted to go to Loring but every time I look up the directions it doesn't get any closer.

Is now a good time to mention I miss Maxton...
        Yeah, me too. In fact, that's a major reason I'm retiring. When it was an easy 2 hour drive it was a different level of commitment from driving across the continent.

Comment

Great stuff Dan! Congrats on the new records. How did Lon do with the Not Rod Neon?
          Last edited by pdub; July 19, 2022, 09:38 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            Great stuff Dan! Congrats on the new records. How did Lon do with the Not Rod Neon?
            The Not Rod didn't go. There wouldn't have been room on their trailer for Mutt if they brought the Not Rod. Time for me to post pics of my new project which is what went to Loring on their trailer.

Comment

Congrats on the record, thanks for sharing the photos.

2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
              2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
              all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

BTW - They didn't have enough entries for the "Fall" (August - evidently August IS Fall up there)) meet so it's been cancelled. No way could I make the trip back up there nor can Lon and Jake.

Comment

Working...
                X