Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Silver State Classic/Nevada Open Road Challenge guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Silver State Classic/Nevada Open Road Challenge guys here?

Originally posted by 67Charger
    I'm into all sorts of racing so when presented with the opportunity, I jumped at it. I've run the 110 and 125 classes so far with the 140 coming up in May.

Any other Open Roaders here?

Well once again just like the sandhill open road challenge I didn't enter the road race but I did run the standing mile and the 0-200-0 mph speed stop challenge in 2007 and I believe I still have both of those records.

Comment

Just found out that I am going to be tuning a car for the Unlimited class at the event later this year (won't make May).

Jim Peruto is building a '69 Charger Daytona, using a Ray Barton-built former ProStock Hemi 99 engine. I'm headed to Philly very soon to tune this on Ray's dyno.

My avatar pic is pulled from the CFD analysis done by Swift Engineering, and the car is being built at HotRods-to-Hell in CA. It sounds like the final aero mods are going to be done in Fort Worth, same guys who are building Lee Sicilio's next Daytona Charger (aiming for the doorslammer record at Bonneville with that one, a 2100hp turbo Barton hemi).

It'll be my first time at the event, but I am friends with Randal - so I have someone to hang with. I am looking forward to it!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Nice!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          Just found out that I am going to be tuning a car for the Unlimited class at the event later this year (won't make May).

Jim Peruto is building a '69 Charger Daytona, using a Ray Barton-built former ProStock Hemi 99 engine. I'm headed to Philly very soon to tune this on Ray's dyno.

My avatar pic is pulled from the CFD analysis done by Swift Engineering, and the car is being built at HotRods-to-Hell in CA. It sounds like the final aero mods are going to be done in Fort Worth, same guys who are building Lee Sicilio's next Daytona Charger (aiming for the doorslammer record at Bonneville with that one, a 2100hp turbo Barton hemi).

It'll be my first time at the event, but I am friends with Randal - so I have someone to hang with. I am looking forward to it!
          I have some inside info that there is another Unlimited record breaker in the works that may actually make the May race. It will be using the chassis that the current record holder was working on to break his own record before an accident took his life.

Comment

Working...
          X