Bonneville.....2011 who is going!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville.....2011 who is going!

So who is going, where you staying, when you getting there and are you racing or crewing?
    Last edited by ls7gto; April 16, 2011, 05:38 AM.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

I am! Come visit me at the new Impound trailer. Price of admission? A piece of white paper, better known as a timing slip slip with a record qualifying speed. Just kidding, come on over.

DW

Comment

I should be there for at least a couple days. Haven't officially asked for the whole week yet.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'll be with Dan - it'll be the Dan & Dan show. Having a trailer may be The Best - but it'll be new so I will fear it. I look forward to seeing the whole bunch of Bonneville Crazies. Chad - you coming?

Dan

Originally posted by dwarner230 View Post
        I am! Come visit me at the new Impound trailer. Price of admission? A piece of white paper, better known as a timing slip slip with a record qualifying speed. Just kidding, come on over.

DW

Comment

We should be there from Friday through at least Thursday. Staying at the Bend in a couple of 5th wheels.

Bob
          I'm still learning

Comment

Donna & I will be there...Donna is riding her new Busa!!!
            Joe Timney
            President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
            Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Cool! Sounds like Donna's been bitten pretty badly (or pretty well). See you there.

Dan

Originally posted by Joe Timney. View Post
              Donna & I will be there...Donna is riding her new Busa!!!

Comment

"Staying at the Bend in a couple of 5th wheels."

You should be easy to find Bob.

DW

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  I should be there for at least a couple days. Haven't officially asked for the whole week yet.
                  I should stand out as usual.

Comment

DW, DanS - see you in impound (I hope) with either (or hopefully both) the 534 roadster or the 1429 rear-engined car. Then again in record cert!

Randall - I'll be with the above cars (the 1429 is the former 325), please stop by and say hi.

Joe - I'll look for you and Donna. Is the Alabama posse coming also?

vic
                    vic NASCARland

Comment

We'll be waiting in Impound. Sounds like you'll have a fleet this year. If your tank needs sealed I'm yer guy!

Dan

Comment

I just finalized that I am going this year! Its always been a dream for me! I haven't tried the search function yet, but any tips for a newbie?

Comment

well the Wife and I will be there sunday till at least wed. Randal , any extra room to haul a lens and tripod? They are to big to carry on the plane, was thinking of shipping them out first.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I always have plenty of room to haul things. Just have to make sure the timeline fits in. I haven't yet asked for the time off. Though I should have it off.

Comment

Mike - you're going to need SPF 5000 (or the highest you can get) along with a big, wide-brimmed hat. Also, DO NOT wear shorts as you're likely to get sunburn in a place men shouldn't be sunburned - the sunlight will bounce up off the salt. Best tip I got was to wear painter's pants - they're white, fairly light-weight fabric, they breathe well, and they don't seem to wrinkle too badly in your luggage. I got mine (Dickie's) at the area Porter's Paint store for $14/pr, so they're cheap, too. Besides, if you go to buy paint you'll look like a pro. Black or dark shoes are a bad idea, too, as are sandals. Thanks to Seldom Seen Slim for this tip.

Also, NO BLACK SHIRTS! You'll really feel the black concentrate the sunlight if you wear it. Interstingly, Monster Energy Drinks gave all the volunteers black T-shirts in '09 - guess they didn't know.

DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS!!!! And not alcohol, which can dehydrate you. The salt is breathtaking but it'll dry you out in a heartbeat.

I only have one year in at this so there are lots of guys who have MUCH more experience than I do. These are just a couple of tips that come to mind with my limited experience.

Dan

Originally posted by munciemike View Post
                              I just finalized that I am going this year! Its always been a dream for me! I haven't tried the search function yet, but any tips for a newbie?

Comment

Working...
                              X