X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A arm arrived and is being installed, alignment, etc
    should be ready to leave in early AM
    i will be taking my time on new engine break in
    in a perfect world I will be in Wilmington Tomarrow night (580 miles)
    soon
    bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
      I will be in Wilmington Tomarrow night (580 miles)
      bob
      Bob, take care driving down and across .... be good to catch up.

Storms for Mid-South on Thursday
      Large hail and damaging winds are possible in some areas and while the tornado threat is low, we can't rule out an isolated tornado.
      Last edited by Monster; April 26, 2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

About ready to load up for the night, so I can leave in the AM.. This rush project has about wiped me out. No more last minute big project changes for me. I'm not as ready as I'd like, but I think it can make a few runs now.

Not sure where the car will tech in at, hope to be legal to 175. Think I might need a Hans device first though. Finished the head restraints and fire suppression, hope they OK it.

Hosed the old bitch off, some creative camera angles and it looks good again.

Comment

Sean that thing is just badass looking. I think Dennis Hopper's been 1 up'd actually in cool gargantuan rides.

There isn't many people around here yet. After 670 miles in a full containment seat I 'm just happy to be walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
            About ready to load up for the night, so I can leave in the AM.. This rush project has about wiped me out. No more last minute big project changes for me. I'm not as ready as I'd like, but I think it can make a few runs now.

Not sure where the car will tech in at, hope to be legal to 175. Think I might need a Hans device first though. Finished the head restraints and fire suppression, hope they OK it.

Hosed the old bitch off, some creative camera angles and it looks good again.

great seeing you and fast battle ship.How did it run?

Comment

Good to meet several board members. Didn't have time to really hang out and BS, but still glad to meet many of you. The car made it down the track, but did not run well. I didn't have the tune sorted and burnt a few sparkplugs. Made an partial run to 143mph and another aborted run at about 110mph. Pulled the heads tonight and found some valve leakage. Hope to be more prepared next time.

Want to thank all the ECTA bosses, members and volunteers. They did a great job of putting on an event at a new facility with a lot of racers and spectators. Looking forward to the next meet.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what happened to Bob? I heard the Blue Lightning had problems somewhere in central Ohio?
                Haven't seen anything posted . . . maybe I just missed it?
                Hope all is well.
                DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Read in another thread that Bob blew the engine in the blue lightning, and not in a spectacular fashion - just pulled out to pass, it downshifted, and BOOM. He's back home safe - but his power tour plans are nixxed as that $$$ will go into the engine fix for the truck.

Probably a blessing in disguise that it happened on the freeway at lower speeds than he would have hit in the standing mile.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Read in another thread that Bob blew the engine in the blue lightning, and not in a spectacular fashion - just pulled out to pass, it downshifted, and BOOM. He's back home safe - but his power tour plans are nixxed as that $$$ will go into the engine fix for the truck.

Probably a blessing in disguise that it happened on the freeway at lower speeds than he would have hit in the standing mile.
                    Yep DTB and John, that's what happened. Here's a pic of the new engine block venting system I have.

PT long hauling
                    is out for me but I will be in Detroit for the kickoff just to say hi to everybody.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Sorry about the bad news.
                      I was really looking forward to hanging out with ya. I am happy to report that Boob picked up your slack ! We laughed a lot. Still, would have been even better to see the Lightning blaze down the Ohio Mile !

Maybe next time,

Lookin at pix and still laughin DTB
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Bob told me how the engine went and that you were bummed. At least everything is ok otherwise and theres a new path to go.

Comment

You got that right Joey. This gives me an excuse to build it right.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Sorry to see the damage on the lightning. Come back stronger is the best option.

Here we are again, almost ready to go. Took the last month to repair some valves, get the tune at least in the ballpark, stopped it from puking water everytime the rpm goes up, redid the alternator and power steering brackets so hopefully it won't flip the belts off either.

Praying to the blessed goddess of speed it will stay together for a full pass.

Comment

Sean - How did the Caddy do? I saw you loading up early and I hope that wasn't a bad sign. I LOVE that big ol' ride!

Dan

Comment

Someone told me of a new class your car would fit in b/ac big ass coupe.

Comment

Working...
                                X