A class (category) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A class (category) question

I went and found info for loring (local) and there will be a new rule book..

I went to registration page and am dumbfounded.

where do I put a ten geared AWD subaru with 3 modes.
    I assume street/classic and then there is a bunch of other letters, that is the confusing part...and also a special category as my car is a freak. Do I go there?
    less than 1.8 liters, written as 1.8 liters rounded off.

any help thanks.

I do also have a helmet question.. I have a 2001 gathered dust..what is with the 2005 and newer stuff?
    ..and lastly, for the 135mph category, it says to have 135 mph tires. Mine are 118 and plenty.

EDIT:

I did find an email for questions, and just used it. may get a simple answer.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 7, 2012, 05:38 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
    I went and found info for loring (local) and there will be a new rule book..

I went to registration page and am dumbfounded.

where do I put a ten geared AWD subaru with 3 modes.
    I assume street/classic and then there is a bunch of other letters, that is the confusing part...and also a special category as my car is a freak. Do I go there?
    less than 1.8 liters, written as 1.8 liters rounded off.

any help thanks

I do also have a helmet question.. I have a 2001 gathered dust..what is with the 2005 and newer stuff?
    ..and lastly, for the 135mph category, it says to have 135 mph tires. Mine are 118 and plenty.

EDIT:

I did find an email for questions, and just used it. may get a simple answer.
    ok. If it's a scoobaru and fuel injected it's super street. If it's got a turbo it's blown gas super street. If it has a turnover and nitrous or runs on alcohol it's blown fuel super street. So whatever the 1.8l is. I think is an "f" motor it would be
    F/gss. For no turbo no nitrous
    F/fss. For no turbo with nitrous
    F/ bgss. For turbo no nitrous
    F/bfss. For turbo and nitrous

It breaks down as engine size/blower or not, fuel or not, vehicle class

Your helmet it doesn't matter how many times it's been used you must get one that it up to date. Safety technology in the last 10 years has come a long way which is why they have dates on them in the first place. Old ones are simply not as good as new ones. Think of it as the difference between a neck donut and a Hans device for head restraints. I'll take the Hans please.....

How that helps hope you can make it to the race and welcome to the club

Comment

hey thanks.

I am also expecting email from the website.

Is this the 6th year loring? I have flunked the car every year. (I wanted to go to the first one)

I also wonder if they can keep me aside or away from the fast runs. I don't like the thought of holding up serious rides, maybe go last or first and find out ahead of time. I am a few hours ride away going slow.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

I haven't made Loring yet but as for ECTA - don't worry about holding up the track. It's just how LSR works. We may run a 240 MPH followed by a 270 MPH turbo 'Busa followed by a 68 MPH antique Sears bike. We all support the little bike just as much as the 270 'Busa - there are all someone's accomplishment and each person is doing his/her best. Keith says (and I agree) that some of the best runs are in the 100 MPH range. My best so far in the Camaro - 107 on gas, 117 on fuel (N2O). Pretty sure Loring has the same culture.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          hey thanks.

I am also expecting email from the website.

Is this the 6th year loring? I have flunked the car every year. (I wanted to go to the first one)

I also wonder if they can keep me aside or away from the fast runs. I don't like the thought of holding up serious rides, maybe go last or first and find out ahead of time. I am a few hours ride away going slow.
          Dan Stokes is right on! Run what you brung - just don't pull over to the right - Emergency will roll!

Best to you and hope to see you at Loring.

Geo Turner
          Geezer Racing

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I haven't made Loring yet but as for ECTA - don't worry about holding up the track. It's just how LSR works. We may run a 240 MPH followed by a 270 MPH turbo 'Busa followed by a 68 MPH antique Sears bike. We all support the little bike just as much as the 270 'Busa - there are all someone's accomplishment and each person is doing his/her best. Keith says (and I agree) that some of the best runs are in the 100 MPH range. My best so far in the Camaro - 107 on gas, 117 on fuel (N2O). Pretty sure Loring has the same culture.

Dan
            I get uptight for no reason. Self conscious about being little and in the way I guess..I won't be now, thanks.
            I still may not make it..but the chores list is not much now.

The class stuff, I learned it twice, a year goes by, and I don't have anything written..so went and checked again.

simply G for 1.5 to 2.0 liters
            and PRO for production.
            G/PRO

or T/O for the fun of it.(no class)

and "Real Street"..I dont know where that goes, can't find it anywhere but the email reply when I was inquiring at the loring website.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 9, 2012, 11:32 AM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Not sure if Loring picked up on the "Street" classes (Real Street and Super Street). I haven't run them so I'm not very up on the requirements. Those are, to the best of my knowledge, ECTA only and stem from the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure SCTA has no street classes at all. Also no clue about Texas - I've got to get there some day.

We ran T/O with Mom's Celebrity and had a blast. We RULED F T/O (there are no engine classes in T/O but it's fun to say anyhow).

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; January 9, 2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Not sure if Loring picked up on the "Street" classes (Real Street and Super Street). I haven't run them so I'm not very up on the requirements. Those are, to the best of my knowledge, ECTA only and stem from the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure SCTA has no street classes at all. Also no clue about Texas - I've got to get there some day.

We ran T/O with Mom's Celebrity and had a blast. We RULED F T/O (there are no engine classes in T/O but it's fun to say anyhow).

Dan
                if T/O just simply gives speed, I'll go to that there.
                I assume street is now in the loring stuff, rule book is coming out soon. the response I got was from their website.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

IIRC, I think you can also run it in the 'Gas Coupe & Sedan" category...

or if you're really ballsy, "Blown Fuel Competition Coupe" ... but you'd need a few more mods for that category, lol...
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                    IIRC, I think you can also run it in the 'Gas Coupe & Sedan" category...

or if you're really ballsy, "Blown Fuel Competition Coupe" ... but you'd need a few more mods for that category, lol...
                    it seems my version of n/a can strip an axle, it is only drawback to going with the stage 1 clutch (spec)
                    this car was so runted, the goal is still humble.

more than spending car parts, I want to record what I see there with better photo.
                    the lack of surge in boost has intrigued me...but back when cars fired harder to get what we wanted is where I respect more.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

Is your subbie awd?
                      If so then there are only 3 classes you can run.
                      They are -time only
                      -production
                      and- superstreet

Comment

I think his is pre-AWD. In fact, I'm guessing it's OWD (that's one wheel drive). So he has more latitude.

My Dakota is OWD but the new Dodge is 2WD (Suregrip). Why is it that you never see decals on the side of trucks declaring "2WD" like you see "4WD" all the time. I once had a truck that was 0WD (note that's a zero and not an "O"). Then I sold it and the new owner put in a junkyard rearend so it was back to OWD.

Dan

Comment

0oO0o, Just trying to figure out how you did that. You know if you invested in a truck as built by one of the big one (GM) you would not have all of those transportation problems.

Garrell

Comment

I did get the category stuff. a 1 wheel drive would be advantage, but I run a brick.

2wd hi (both front wheels)
                            4wd hi (dynamical - bizarre)
                            4wd lo (full lockup)

and that is also a last from subaru..the genius in mechanical altering of differential pressure. not a fluids game.

Now with a spec stage 1 clutch, the power of engine feels less..gears are very freaking tall. Jumping it on the ice gets both fronts.. the clutch should loosen in warmth, and I have not put on the rochestor yet.

just 6400 rpm is g/pro world record (160mph).

I don't want to build what I have for that, but ran this engine long enough.. a real plan exists.

I giggled for a few years at my own car. I hate what people made out a real boxer to be.
                            I hope to make it there, more as a fan with a camera, my own run is simply for fun. Seems it is a go now, but 6 months for a daily in maine...odds are great.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                            X