Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your biggest OH #*!% DUH!!! Moment while Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your biggest OH #*!% DUH!!! Moment while Racing?

There I was, Pushing full throttle down the Maxton Mile. The KIA was pushing it's fastest run ever. Started hearing a sound I never heard before. I aborted and coasted through the Timing Traps. Kept hearing the sound all the way to the pits. Then came the "Moment of Discovery". Found that, I had hit the Wiper Lever. The Wipers were covered and Duct Taped down causing the wipers to grind. OOOPS!

I didn't have a place to clean out the truck which was doubling as race vehicle and daily driver at Wilmington. A rainstorm was clearly on the way so I didn't want to leave my junk on the side of the road in the pits as usual. So I pulled up to the line with crap in the truck. Dave Maty flagged me off (as he should have) at the starting line and Russell saved my butt letting me stash the crap in his Saturn. I knew better but felt sorta stuck. Anyhow - embarrassing!

Dan

Comment

I still Remember back in 2008 June Event, it was so Hot out the bikers were pouring water into thier leathers. AL walks up to my car taps on the window to check my Seatbelts and Helmet. The Air Conditioning hit him in the face. He opened the door and dove in over me slammed the door and would'nt get out leaving Matty by himself running the staging lanes. I ran my fastest time ever with the Air on. Two weeks later the Sunglasses I found in the car I think were his.

Comment

TTT

Comment

What is TTT?

Comment

The one time I took the Diplomat for a drag run at Temple Academy, my first run I completely forgot that when left foot shifts from brake to clutch, the car can (and will) roll through the beams and screw up your run.

The Mustang has presented me an interesting one: I usually manually shift an auto. Normally, dropping down (say, from D to 3) you should get first, second and third, with fourth and in my case, fifth locked out. Wrong. "3" locks into ONLY 3rd gear, Second the same. I bogged a run bad thinking I had only the first three gears.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I did a burnout at Sunshine Speedway back in 1980 at that moment something went wrong. Just as the car launched the flywheel let loose and stuck in the pavement under the car. Could,nt move the car because the flywheel stuck up higher than the undercarriage. Took 7 guys to lift the car and roll it past the flywheel. Glad there was a scattershield.

Comment

Well last time I raced at Maxton, cold tires and a 150hp shot at middle of third gear led to this snafu

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621 View Post
                  What is TTT?
                  To the top

Comment

Thanx

Comment

Working...
                    X