Google and Land Speed Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miketblsr View Post
    I guess your not on his email list from when he got banned last time and stole everyones email account. Now people get bombarded with his bs emails and have to look at it on this site when they come to view threads and help people with real questions, comments, or suggestions. Im sure the overwelming complaints got him the boot. If he wants to play games so can all of us.
    Cool story, what does that have to do with any of his posts here? I don't see any posts by Franklin that asked for your input or opinion, or called you out or mentioned your name in any way, yet here you are the assumed "Champion" for all that is good in landracing. How about just letting it go? meanwhile, you DID complain to Chad and Brian already, right? I don't need you to decide whose posts I can or can't read online, if you don't like it then stop posting and reading it.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Your a smart guy I talked to you before on several occasions. If you can't see the reasoning behind his ban I'm sorry. I'm sure if you would like to see his posts you could be attached to his email blasts they are the exact same thing. Im not the champion of all thats good in landracing. I'm just a guy with an opinion. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one but some are shittier then others. Your opinion is that he contributed. Many other people thought otherwise. No fault to anyone. obviosly the higher powers thought otherwise. I encourage you to post a ton of info bc at least I know you can give inforamation that people can use to help them conqour there lsr goals. Heck I have taken your advise before and it seemed to work out good. I thank you for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr View Post
        Your a smart guy I talked to you before on several occasions. If you can't see the reasoning behind his ban I'm sorry. I'm sure if you would like to see his posts you could be attached to his email blasts they are the exact same thing. Im not the champion of all thats good in landracing. I'm just a guy with an opinion. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one but some are shittier then others. Your opinion is that he contributed. Many other people thought otherwise. No fault to anyone. obviosly the higher powers thought otherwise. I encourage you to post a ton of info bc at least I know you can give inforamation that people can use to help them conqour there lsr goals. Heck I have taken your advise before and it seemed to work out good. I thank you for your input.
        All I know about Franklin is, when I got started in landracing, I talked with him offline and he suggested some reading for me - which turned out to be GREAT - and I found that he has great historical knowledge.

Like me, he can be hard to take on the internet. But we put up with trolls here who have almost zero contribution, far less than Franklin... i think the only reason LSR guys continually get on his case is because he got under Keith Turk's skin and Keith had him banned form here, a move I disagreed with entirely considering those we DO allow to "hang around" and cause trouble.

I don't see Franklin calling anyone out or picking fights, he can easily be ignored, meanwhile what's wrong with someone who presents out-of-the-box ideas?

And for those who like to point out that Franklin doesn't "race a real car" well, I don't race a real car either but that doesn't stop guys from asking me to be part of their program... i.e., I'm happily a "non racer" and it doesn't really mean squat. Each person should be allowed to contribute however they like IMO.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          All I know about Franklin is, when I got started in landracing, I talked with him offline and he suggested some reading for me - which turned out to be GREAT - and I found that he has great historical knowledge.

Like me, he can be hard to take on the internet. But we put up with trolls here who have almost zero contribution, far less than Franklin... i think the only reason LSR guys continually get on his case is because he got under Keith Turk's skin and Keith had him banned form here, a move I disagreed with entirely considering those we DO allow to "hang around" and cause trouble.

I don't see Franklin calling anyone out or picking fights, he can easily be ignored, meanwhile what's wrong with someone who presents out-of-the-box ideas?

And for those who like to point out that Franklin doesn't "race a real car" well, I don't race a real car either but that doesn't stop guys from asking me to be part of their program... i.e., I'm happily a "non racer" and it doesn't really mean squat. Each person should be allowed to contribute however they like IMO.
          I think what has most people pissed is when he decided to start these huge email blasts. We can ignore him here but when we go to our home and work email we have no choice but to deal with it. All that aside maybe they can give him a lsr history sub section. I think some of the stuff was interesting. Your a racer. You might not drive a car but you build them and tune them. Your hands on. While franklin seems inteligent his post are misplaced and the amount was overwhelming when trying to weed through to find other stuff at least for me. Maybe Im the village idiot here.

Comment

i think the only reason LSR guys continually get on his case is because he got under Keith Turk's skin and Keith had him banned
            Franklin has pissed off more people than anyone else on the internet. He is hated because he won't listen, he takes everything personally, and has ZERO people skills. His knowledge is not the issue - it's his methods!

I don't see Franklin calling anyone out or picking fights
            Well.... then you are NOT paying attention. Do a search for "propster guy" or "Franklin Ratliff" and you will see tons of threads were he has started fights with people, and not just on automotive forums. He pisses off folks everywhere!

And for those who like to point out that Franklin doesn't "race a real car"
            But he built one that he claimed would be awesome and set the LSR world on it's ear.... but he's too chicken to run that darn thing. Someone (maybe Keith), offered to get him on the salt and let him take a shot, but Noooooo.

You and Ratliff deserve each other - you're both PITA's.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              Franklin has pissed off more people than anyone else on the internet. He is hated because he won't listen, he takes everything personally, and has ZERO people skills. His knowledge is not the issue - it's his methods!

Well.... then you are NOT paying attention. Do a search for "propster guy" or "Franklin Ratliff" and you will see tons of threads were he has started fights with people, and not just on automotive forums. He pisses off folks everywhere!

But he built one that he claimed would be awesome and set the LSR world on it's ear.... but he's too chicken to run that darn thing. Someone (maybe Keith), offered to get him on the salt and let him take a shot, but Noooooo.

You and Ratliff deserve each other - you're both PITA's.
              I don't see any posts on THIS forum where he's doing anything you claim. So ban him from here? but keep TC? seriously?

And meanwhile, I never seem to run into you at any LSR events so... you and he are in the same boat. Franklin never claimed that his prop driven racer would do anything, he never got a chance to even run the thing. give it a rest, even *you* should be able to find a less retarded cause than this.

Comment

I never said to ban him, though it would please me if he was.

And Franklin made several claims about his VW powered propster - so, again - you're not paying attention.

As for me, I'm simply a salt racing fan who made it out there in '98 to fulfill a dream of experiencing the whole 3 ring circus of Speedweek. I love the history of it, the people who race there, and love the variety of engineering on display in their racers.

And I never called anyone names - but you and Franklin do it all the time.
                So.... you give it a rest, OK?
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                X