Bonneville Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville Roll Call

Who is going? Are you racing, crewing, or just watching?

Here, we're prepping the Camaro for a couple more records, plus we may even get a Modified Pickup built in time if we really jam. If not, we'll bring it to USFRA or World Finals.

Re: Bonneville Roll Call

As the Firebird is now in the NHRA museum we thought we'd do something different. I've never built a car from the ground up, drawings, tubes, body, boy what a lot of work. But we'll be there with this new modified roadster.
    We took it to El Mirage for pre-tech inspection.

as an engine guy I've had to learn how to do some glass work, some bondo work, and maybe even some paint work, we'll see how it is by Bonneville time.

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Wow! And that seems to be a carburetor.

Comment

What Engine Class does it run in?

Comment

The engine is 368" Dodge running in C/GMR (gas modified roadster). We've set a few records with carbs. it always pisses off the old guard..... ;)
          There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Wow!! That roadster is hot rodding. As far as roll call for Bonneville goes... I've always wanted to go. Trying to figure out how to get out there. Would be a spectator though.

Comment

You got to go at least once, and it is an experience you will kick yourself for not ever going sooner. I spent my Honeymoon there which made it a Double Whammy! for me.

About the Roadster! That is Bad ---!. I always liked the Cars that put the Big Boys back on the trailer asking, "Where did he come from"? Nice looking Car and good luck on the Salt. Hope to be out there again soon myself.

Comment

Keith says I really need to go since I practically live around the corner, when is it?
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

August 18-24, and yes, you are a chump if you don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    Keith says I really need to go since I practically live around the corner, when is it?
                    You drove to the Junkie open house (I saw you and your Silver Skylark on the 210 frwy) so if you don't make the 120 mile run to Bendover Wendover to see Speed Week you will be banned from the forum. ;D

300 in 1999

Comment

120 miles, hell I don't even have to get a hotel, I can just go back home :P Our concentrate trucks make three or so trips a shift to Wendover (our train shipping yard is there) so that's easy enough. Of course I go back to work for 10 days on the 15th, so I guess I'll hit the boss man up for some vacation time (then when I get home my normal 6 days off start ;D this is sounding better and better). I can ride the motorcycle for some decent mileage even.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We're PLANNING on coming out to spectate. Last year we pulled Boy Wonder out of school for a week and made the drive. Gotta see how the funds are this year (since I left my regular-paycheck and went freelance full-time), but going to spectate is the plan.

-Brad
                        (it's about 2500 miles each way, so you guys that live within 6 hours and don't go need to be slapped.)

Comment

the wife and I are flying out to spectate, hoping to meeting a few of you. Doug
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Come by the pits! We're always on the front row past the second pit road, usually near the Van Scoys and their blue Vette and Lee Sicilio and his red Daytona.

Comment

Thanks Dave, Now Im Im really looking forward to it! Doug
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X