No announcement yet.

ECTA rules and GUESSING at what class the vehicle fall into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen anyone wear a leather jacket to drive a car - not sure what the officials would think. Remember that your helmet needs to be Snell approved and full-face. A car-spec helmet has better fire protection than a motorcycle helmet. That said, they let me race for several years (at my low speeds) in a bike helmet but then I learned better and dropped some BIG buxs on an Arai SA (car-rated) brain box.

Dan

Comment

SA Helmet is required! No more motorcycle helmets allowed.
      Joe Timney
      President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
      Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

RE Safety equipment; MORE is BETTER ! BIG SCHITT can happen to ANYONE at ANY SPEED !
        Besides, your health insurance will NOT cover racing injuries, but it WILL if you get pregnant ! .......
        http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

What if you get pregnant WHILE racing? I'd look into it but that's no longer an issue in my life.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            What if you get pregnant WHILE racing? I'd look into it but that's no longer an issue in my life.

Dan
            I never worried about getting pregnant and still have two kids. Be careful Dan, if you wreck while getting pregnant your gear shifter may get snapped off, and I doubt that is covered (cosmetic).
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

just catching up to the lsr side of bangshift...saw your question on the lugnut.

I had to email into an inspector for loring, or whatever the title of importance was, about lugnuts.

as far as I know, the few years of peugoet turbo with 4lug are the only acorn looking lug allowed, as that is their design, and they are quite a giant in comparison to what the rule books are trying to stop from failing.

hope that helps.

the monte has the same as all the chevies, someone could give advice there easy. That would be a no acorn setup I assume.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
              X