Chick getting naked and laying it all out on the concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chick getting naked and laying it all out on the concrete

As I've often said, I'm no bike guy, but here's the answer to your question:

All you can get, then just a bit more.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by std
      GCan I ask how much HP it takes to go 200mph on a motorcycle?
      200hp + or - on an open wheel bike... just depends on vehicle configuration, size, weight, track length, traction and rider ability.
      Todd

Comment

So Todd - was my answer incorrect?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          So Todd - was my answer incorrect?
          Dan
          Your answer was absolutley correct Dan... or it could of also been answered;
          All you can get, then let your wife ride it. ;D
          Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Narider
            Originally posted by std
            GCan I ask how much HP it takes to go 200mph on a motorcycle?
            200hp + or - on an open wheel bike... just depends on vehicle configuration, size, weight, track length, traction and rider ability.
            Todd

Good info to know. I think I can, but I never have. Someday, I hope.
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Kickass story and vid. To think she started riding in her thirties ;D

Comment

Was there a difference between naked and faired?
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

That is a great story,and Deb I don't know you, but courage doesn't even come close to describing what you did. Getting back on after ANY spill is hard enough, but 200+ that is a whole 'nuther matter! Choked me up a little.

Running a "cager" after that? Yeah right. It will have to be doing 300. ;D

Comment

Bill -
                    I'm proud to say that Deb and Todd are friends of mine, and she is all that and more. The thing is - she's NOT foolhardy. She doesn't take stupid chances and has no death wish. She takes every possible precaution, then goes out and rides as safely as possible at those speeds. On the other hand, how safe can you be at 200+ on a bike? I love this lady, and her hubby ain't bad either.

An interesting sidebar - They brought the leathers that Deb went down in to the track, displayed on a dummy for all to see. It was a lot of fun, but also a great lesson for everyone. The leathers met our requirements and, along with the helmet, quite literally saved her butt - and the rest of her. I've often said that the only thing we take seriously is safety.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by std
                      Take a bike with all the fairings on it, then take all the fairings off. In essence your are unstreamlinging it. That's running naked. Todd, did I get it right?

Comment

Sometimes the question in my head doesn't come out my fingers.

I meant was there much speed difference?
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                          Sometimes the question in my head doesn't come out my fingers.

I meant was there much speed difference?
                          When I reread what you originally asked I can see that yours wasn't the question I answered. Sorry. Obviously I wasn't paying attention. Todd and Deb will have to answer your real question.

Comment

I actually chuckled a little when I read your answer. Your answer was correct, just not what I was looking for.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

;D

Comment

Originally posted by std
                                We don't have accurate (comparative) numbers on that yet as I haven't ridden her bike naked, and Deb hasn't ridden it faired (with the same hp setup). I went 207 faried and she went 202 naked (guessing she will add max of 10mph faired and I will loose min of 10mph naked (her body being narrower, shorter and lighter will most likley have less effect then mine will).

We will be able to answer your question more accurately after the September meet (or possibly the October meet to better equate seat time she's had prior to the 202 run).

It's hard to be accuratte without running both configs at the same meet, especially considering that the 202 run may or may not have been tapped out (there was some tailwind that meet meaning it might have been all it had, but then it was also only geared for 202mph meaning there could be more in it).

Many of the fast guys claim 10mph on an average fairing... but the fairing design, the naked setup, the rider size and many other things have to be weighed in as well (optimum gearing for both setups is most critical of course).
                                This has been on her list of wanted data that she's been colecting for awhile now (and a topic of discussion here as well as with Scott Guthrie over the years).

So (for Deb's setup anyway).... a few months time may tell.
                                Thanks for all the good words, Deb's still on what I refer to as a "humbling high" over this... or "surreal" as she says.
                                Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X