Kerri, Me, ECTA 2104, and beyond....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerri, Me, ECTA 2104, and beyond....

As some of you know and many of you probably don't, my wife Kerri and I have become ownership partners in the ECTA with Keith and Tonya. Joe and Donna Timney wanted to return to racing and competing in the land speed world as well as dedicating more of their time to travel, playing with the grandkids, and doing other fun stuff. We announced this at the meeting on Saturday morning but I also wanted to post it here for everyone who didn't hear. This is a really big deal for our family and we are very excited for what the future holds. The ECTA has been a fantastic organization for more than two decades and the future is looking great.

The ECTA has always been an organization built around the racer and it will always be that. At this point I have spent half of my life "inside" motorsports in one form or another. That has been an education that I can apply to the ECTA and look forward to doing so. I feel that standing mile racing is one of the greatest grassroots forms of motorsports in the world and that our venue and racers in Wilmington are some of the most talented and creative people I have ever encountered. Long story short, I am blown away every time we roll through the gate.

I could go on all day but Kerri and I are both bursting at the seams with enthusiasm, energy, and anticipation for the 2015 season. We have known Keith and Tonya for a long time and will be working with them hand in hand to grow, foster, and keep the ECTA healthy for many years to come.

Joe and Donna have done amazing things and provided both Kerri and I with a continuing education that we'll be forever grateful for. Both of them rule beyond words and will continue to be a big part of the ECTA's success.

Thanks again to all of our racers and fans. The planning for 2015 continues.......

That which you manifest is before you.

Nice! Congrats!

(and your password worked!)
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Congratulations Brian & Kerri !!!

Comment

Super, guys! I always knew that sooner or later the torch had to get passed and I wondered how that was going to happen. You know I'll be there into the future, hopefully with a Race Truck!

Joe and Donna - I can't tell you how much your stewardship of the ECTA has meant to all of us. From the bottom of my heart - THANKS!

BTW - A look at the ECTA website doesn't show any news on this front. Seems like an important story that deserves coverage! (But I don't know who does the site entries). Anyhow, probably needs an entry over there.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; September 30, 2014, 06:19 AM.

Comment

This is great! one day I will make it down to watch again.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Congratulations!
            I was talking to Joe a few months ago & he was telling me about wanting to step away from the ECTA because he wanted to retire & enjoy life. Joe, Donna, Keith, & Tonya took over out of necessity after the untimely loss of founder John Becket, but were a great addition to the organization.
            Brian I wish you & Kerri all the best in this endeavor that is land speed racing. I think you will make both terrific contributions to land speed racing in general & certainly be great partners for Keith & Tonya.
            Looking forward to good things.

By the way, do you know anyone that does announcing?........... you could use someone.
            Last edited by Dynoroom; September 30, 2014, 02:34 PM.
            There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom View Post
              By the way, do you know anyone that does announcing?........... you could use someone.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Damn, Keith..!!!
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Mike, thanks very much! I am quickly learning more about the LSR community than I ever knew, specifically the people involved. Kerri and I are determined to do Joe and Donna proud as well as the whole ECTA. I have been fortunate to see how great organizations are run and how terrible organizations are run. That's not to say we'll never step in a pothole, but I feel like the last 16 years have given me a good perspective into the right way to operate a deal like this and do the best by the racers and the organization as a whole. It means the world to me that Kerri is as invested in this as I am.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

While we will miss Joe and Donna, we welcome you and Kerri! Looking forward to getting to know both of you better at future ECTA meets in Wilmington. Hope you will keep announcing, as we really enjoy it!

Terri Bowman
                    (Light aqua blue El Camino that used to be two-tone brown)
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Don't know how I missed this...Congrats on the new endeavor Brian! Wish I wasn't on the other coast sometimes...
                      BKB
                      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Bruce - I can't tell you how much Brian has brought to the ECTA thru his announcing skills. It's gone from watching a car roll down the track (sometimes I'd know the car and/or the people involved) to interesting and entertaining commentary that informs both us seasoned folks and newcomers. I HOPE they know what they're getting in to - this is a nutty bunch, I can assure you! But I also hope they know that we're behind them all the way.

We all know how special Donna is and while I'm still getting to know Kerri I think she's one of the special ones, too. Other than her taste in men.........

Brian - will your Dad and Kerri's Dad get sucked into this menagerie at some point? I'm hearing a loud, slurping sound.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; November 10, 2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Yea doesn't your dad have a nova that needs steeper gears?

Congrats Brian and Kerri!
                          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Congratulations! Does this mean any top speed mods for Buford?
                            Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                            1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                            1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Dunno how I missed this! Drag racer sucked into LSR racing.. Who knew! Good for doing the announcing thingy (whatever that is.. Just "BUH.BANH!BOO to me..sorry) Amazing to do what you are now! Where do you find time, by the way?

Comment

Working...
                              X