Joe's 71 Dodge Sweptline D100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's 71 Dodge Sweptline D100.

Not this Joe but my spawn Joe, or Joey as he is known is the proud owner of this brand spanking new 1971 Dodge.

Overall the condition is good considering the purchase price of 1200 bucks. As I stated before it needs a tune up, trans rebuild and lots and lots of TLC but it is rock solid.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Rust belt guys, eat your hearts out....

​​

Floor is gonna need some patches....

​​

We soaked it in some Purple Power and it cleaned up...not for the better but it did clean up....

Last edited by JOES66FURY; January 21, 2015, 01:17 PM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

neat! I just sold my 1980 C20 today, to a friend from Minnesota....and the truck makes yours look like a rust bucket

The engine is a later model, eh? has an EGR valve. You can look on the front of the block, driver side, just below the head, for numbers stamped, that will tell you what it is. I think, its been a while.

you can also look on the sides of the block, above the oil pan, for casting numbers, I think one side has the engine size and casting number, other side has the date.

Although 381s, they're mostly all the same.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cool.... it has the 489 housing. With a 318, it probably has 3.23 or 3.55 gears....
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        Rust belt guys, eat your hearts out....
        Its the right color, but where are the holes? Its an old truck - some part of it HAS to resemble swiss cheese?
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Pretty cool old truck. I hope enjoys and appreciates it. BTW is that pulsar next to it? I haven't seen either of those vehicles in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Its the right color, but where are the holes? Its an old truck - some part of it HAS to resemble swiss cheese?
            Lots of pin homes in the pass and drivers floor boards....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
              Pretty cool old truck. I hope enjoys and appreciates it. BTW is that pulsar next to it? I haven't seen either of those vehicles in a long time.

Good eye, yes it is a 88 Nissan Pulsar NX that ran like a top unitl some effing mice got into the wiring harness....in less than a week of it being parked they destroyed it...

Comment

I love those old Dodges! Very nice.
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17
                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

maybe a panther suspension in the future? like i said before...Nice Truck!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

big block, 4.11 gears, call it Desert Truck....
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I was trying to find a Dodge truck before finding the GMC. Unfortunately, either they were rusted or high priced.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I was trying to find a Dodge truck before finding the GMC. Unfortunately, either they were rusted or high priced.

You can find them out here but they are normally clapped out or way too much money or both. He wanted an old truck and really liked mid 60s Chevy. He liked this body style because it looks older than it is....good looking trucks IMO

Comment

Great project for the young un
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Great patina! This should get Dulchic's attention!
                            Last edited by Huskinhano; January 21, 2015, 09:02 PM.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Noticed overload spring pad stops bolted to the frame but no overload springs?
                              Nice old pickumup!
                              Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 22, 2015, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X