X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Yea! I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto as long as I watch the brand names.

Dan
    they've gotten better since they added other delivery options beside FedUp.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Un Acceptable Crap?
    I hope thats not it. I used their drier last year when put it on the purple car. The condenser is the biggest questionable part.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

s. Ever heard of UAC?
    Un Acceptable Crap?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    ...Ever heard of UAC?
    Is that southern for yuck?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Yea! I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto as long as I watch the brand names.

Dan
    Well I maybe in trouble, I got the cheap parts. Ever heard of UAC?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got my box of new AC parts from rockauto today and flushed the evaporator, and drained the compressor. Hope to put it all back together Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I vote for "old". And mine are circa 1988 so I'll wager they need replacement, too.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I wrapped tape around the blown hose to try to keep the mosture out. But I would not be surprised it it's not air tight.

I have the gauges and a vacuum pump to pull it down. I don't have a recovery machine, but there is nothing left to recover.

When I did it last year, I feel like the pressures were within spec. Wonder if I did something wrong or the hose was just old?
    Last edited by Russell; June 20, 2019, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'm with John on this one. I take my AC stuff to Rackley's as they do it right, have the appropriate equipment, and stand behind their work. In my old age I've learned that I don't have to do EVERYTHING myself and sometimes it's cheaper to farm it out. In MI I had a co-worker who got himself certified and did this as a side gig but so far I haven't found anyone like that here.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Any time you open a refrigerant system, you should evacuate it completely before refilling it, and replace the drier. Not a DIY friendly thing to do. I would replace both hoses, then take it to a shop to have it evacuated and refilled.... you're this close to having operational AC for dragweek - you're going to really want it operational!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer. I bet my hoses on 'Stanger should be replaced before I drive him. Good reminder.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Other than being old what makes a/c hoes blow?
    Money?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    What a mess!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190618_222641_001.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	787.5 KB