Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Dan, good to talk to you this morning I wish we were closer it would make finding a day to get down there alot easier.

I am sure it would turn out better if we worked on it together, but I am inpatient. I went to HF and got at 4 ton porta power. I am sure I will need more advice along the way. At some point paint will need to be sprayed!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Pick a date and come over. We'll fire up the PortaPower and shove that sucker back. I can borrow a stud gun but I really think the PP will be a better bet. Call me!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I got word from the insurance company the check was in the mail so I decided to pull the tail lights and rear bumper cover to see how much the body is pushed in. Hopefully I can get some of the pictures to load. What is the best way to move it back where it should be. Hammer, porta power, stud gun, it's junk cut it out and weld in a new one.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Sorry Russell, I don't remember my MPH, I want to say it was just over 100mph. I beat that T5 relentlessly and never had an issue with it - I really think the "T5 are fragile" line of thinking is fueled by paranoia.
    No worries. I wonder how many T5 just lost a shift fork?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Sorry Russell, I don't remember my MPH, I want to say it was just over 100mph. I beat that T5 relentlessly and never had an issue with it - I really think the "T5 are fragile" line of thinking is fueled by paranoia.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Very cool indeed! As a point of reference, I had a 90 LX hatchback, 5 speed. The fastest I ever ran was a 13.15 ET at milan 1/4 mile.
    That was with a totally stock short block, stock cam, twisted wedge aluminum heads, roller rockers, shorty headers, explorer intake, and oversize throttle body, on drag radials.
    Your times with a completely stock engine are fantastic!

I've only run dragweek once, in 2012. I'll never run it again without AC!
    Oh yeah AC is a requirement! That's not a bad time do you remember your mph?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Very cool indeed! As a point of reference, I had a 90 LX hatchback, 5 speed. The fastest I ever ran was a 13.15 ET at milan 1/4 mile.
    That was with a totally stock short block, stock cam, twisted wedge aluminum heads, roller rockers, shorty headers, explorer intake, and oversize throttle body, on drag radials.
    Your times with a completely stock engine are fantastic!

I've only run dragweek once, in 2012. I'll never run it again without AC!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks for the recap of your adventure. I wish i knew that you were going, I could have watched for you on the feed.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Not sure on the weight. Might be on the registration so I'll ask.

Dan
    No worries, not sure how correct it would be on the registration. There is always the dump, truck scales, or my favorite, track scales!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Not sure on the weight. Might be on the registration so I'll ask.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    It's SO cool that you're running those times with Volvo power! But the other racers couldn't tell that it was old, used Volvo cast-off. I'm sure I speak for Dick as well as myself when I say that this is exactly what we hoped for when I passed the engine along to you.

Dan
    The mustang is a good chassis for drag racing and it does have after market control arms and drag radials but it is all Volvo power! I have never pulled the valve covers, the only real change is I am not running power steering. Not sure what the 245 weights but I hear they are lighter than they look.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    thanks for the write up! I don't remember hearing about the rear-end thing, what a bummer.

Guesses that I've heard most often include the state of Michigan, but you never know till they announce it.
    I try not to dwell on things that I can not change. I didn't want it to mess up my vacation.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    It's SO cool that you're running those times with Volvo power! But the other racers couldn't tell that it was old, used Volvo cast-off. I'm sure I speak for Dick as well as myself when I say that this is exactly what we hoped for when I passed the engine along to you.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    thanks for the write up! I don't remember hearing about the rear-end thing, what a bummer.

Guesses that I've heard most often include the state of Michigan, but you never know till they announce it.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    sounds like a great adventure
    Thanks, I recommend it to anyone. I will have to ask Phil that might have been the frist time he had to been to the drag strip. At the end of the week he asked are we doing it again next year? It takes me over a week to recover. Before I want to go again.

Anybody want to guess where it will start in 2020?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X