• Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_092751_368.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1248079It cools,. Hopefully it lasts longer than 11 months this time.
    ​​​​​​​Drove it to work Friday for the frist time ever. Drove it to Roxboro to TNT / Gamblers race. Met Dad there we raced a few times. Entered the Gamblers race, it was only $5 more than TNT so why not it good practice. I had run a 8.89, 8.84, 8.80. I decided to dial in a 8.90. I guess I was holding to many I backed off at the end but it still broke out 8.84
    Good time once the sun went down it was not so hot.
    Broke the door handle. Who sales good ones
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Yea! I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto as long as I watch the brand names.

Dan
    they've gotten better since they added other delivery options beside FedUp.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Un Acceptable Crap?
    I hope thats not it. I used their drier last year when put it on the purple car. The condenser is the biggest questionable part.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

s. Ever heard of UAC?
    Un Acceptable Crap?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    ...Ever heard of UAC?
    Is that southern for yuck?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Yea! I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto as long as I watch the brand names.

Dan
    Well I maybe in trouble, I got the cheap parts. Ever heard of UAC?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got my box of new AC parts from rockauto today and flushed the evaporator, and drained the compressor. Hope to put it all back together Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I vote for "old". And mine are circa 1988 so I'll wager they need replacement, too.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I wrapped tape around the blown hose to try to keep the mosture out. But I would not be surprised it it's not air tight.

I have the gauges and a vacuum pump to pull it down. I don't have a recovery machine, but there is nothing left to recover.

When I did it last year, I feel like the pressures were within spec. Wonder if I did something wrong or the hose was just old?
    Last edited by Russell; June 20, 2019, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'm with John on this one. I take my AC stuff to Rackley's as they do it right, have the appropriate equipment, and stand behind their work. In my old age I've learned that I don't have to do EVERYTHING myself and sometimes it's cheaper to farm it out. In MI I had a co-worker who got himself certified and did this as a side gig but so far I haven't found anyone like that here.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Any time you open a refrigerant system, you should evacuate it completely before refilling it, and replace the drier. Not a DIY friendly thing to do. I would replace both hoses, then take it to a shop to have it evacuated and refilled.... you're this close to having operational AC for dragweek - you're going to really want it operational!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer. I bet my hoses on 'Stanger should be replaced before I drive him. Good reminder.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Other than being old what makes a/c hoes blow?
    Money?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    What a mess!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X