Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Cut jacked up bolted and reweld the h pipe hangers. Found the loose plug at the multi function switch to make the head lights work!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Mufflers are loosely installed. I have never liked the h-pipe hangs one is broken so am going to cut it and reweld.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Adjusted the toe down to about 3/16 in. I am going to drive it before I make any other changes.

List: mufflers, fix headlights, swap wiper system, insurance, inspection, tags.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I moved every inch of wire from the dash foward from my 89 and my head lights don't work now....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sounds like a Volvo to me. I KNEW you were going to fire yours up before I got Dick's running.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    https://youtu.be/BeUZixVOqvM

https://youtu.be/BeUZixVOqvM

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I did drive it most of the way up the driveway. The spindle / brake swap really messed up the alignment it has a lot of toe in and camber. So that's about as far as I will drive it until I get the front straight.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Worked my way through the list. The nicer starter failed the jumper cable test, so left the one on I already had.

Dragged it out of the shop (incase it went up in flames ) when I turned the key I did not hear the fuel pump come on, I had the coil wire off so I could let the oil pump prime some. Gave it fire but no run. Pulled the wiring diagram book out and noticed it should have a interia switch, quick Google search to find its location, what do you know the PO removed it, pulled the one from the parts car and we had fuel pump! Primed the lines then turn the key to make noise!

I took video of the frist fire up I will try to up load it soon.

It makes some noise not sure if its valve train or those used header gaskets are leaking
    Last edited by Russell; January 4, 2017, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    This is the mount I made out of angle iron. I should have put it in front but it works well here.

Last edited by Russell; January 4, 2017, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    t - did we all decide that the "Trailer hitch winch mount" was the best solution?.
    You mean the "Pringle mount ala Harbour Freight"? I do believe the general consensus was it is the cats meow.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I have a new winch, and a new trailer - I have not put the two together yet - did we all decide that the "Trailer hitch winch mount" was the best solution?

Great progress. I hate leaks. I've decided the new shop will be a "no oil dry zone" the dust never goes away, simple green in the big yellow mop bucket FTW.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I'm going to tell Jennifer that you called her a 9500# wench! You're in a heap o' trouble now!

Dan
    If you only knew!
    Spelling has never been my strong suit. What's the difference between an "i" and an "e" among friends

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Once I trust it I will drive it to the track

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

Chevy 2500 HD to get it to the track, might even use my 9500# wench to get it on the trailer
    I'm going to tell Jennifer that you called her a 9500# wench! You're in a heap o' trouble now!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    whatcha gonna drag it with?
    Chevy 2500 HD to get it to the track, might even use my 9500# wench to get it on the trailer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X