Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    This car has a manual rack, so I was going to delete the power steering. The pulley belt combo that I have that deletes PS uses a very small race pulley. I wonder how bad that will effect my AC
    Last edited by Russell; July 27, 2016, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Saturday I was out of town, Sunday I didn't do anything. Got a few things done today. Starter is on, EGR and TB, I think it looks like a 5.0 now

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied
    That's awesome.,.....dad gets a carcation!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    JP1 and JP2 went to the beach for a week, I took 40 hours off work and put more 40 hours in the shop. I was able to work 3 nights this week. I really want to bang gears again. The goal is to do one thing each day. There was only one night I did not make it out to the shop.

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied
    Man ..... Russel all this progress.... did you get fired?

Looks great. FYI you started a big with discussion my lemmons buddies about concentric circle alignment that resulted in my hang over today.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Go Russell Go!

(to steal a TSB phrase. )

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have not felt like working on the suspension so tonight I did engine stuff, installed ground wire, O2 harness, low oil sender, thermostat, upper intake, and heater hoses, and charcoal evacuation line. For the last week I have not been able to find the starter bolts. As I was about to give up looking for the night I remember I hid a bunch of stuff in the closet the other day before I had guest over. Sure enough they were in the box with the headers. Got to love bagging and labeling bolts then can't find the bag!
    While I was getting my long lost bolts I looked at the dash I pulled out of the 87 and the answer to the missing plug was right there. Quick Google search, coolent fan relay.

Last edited by Russell; July 22, 2016, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Was going to use the 70/30s I had but they are for the wider 4cyl spindles and I don't have the spacers. I think I will put the kyb agx back on for now. If it will not 60' I will look into changing them.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
    Looking good!

That connector looks like the type to plug into the cluster f*ck.

Fixed it
    Last edited by Huskinhano; July 20, 2016, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by pats91 View Post
    I thought it might be one of the radio connector, but it may be a connector used on 2.3 4cyl cars.

See this thread on the corral:
    http://forums.corral.net/forums/elec...connector.html

I'll try to remember to look under the dash of my 91 LX 5.0 when I get home later.
    Thanks, it looks like the same one on the corral thread. I had looked on the corral but did not find that one!

Did not feel up to working of suspension last night so hooked up a few wires and cleaned up the shop some.

Leave a comment:

• pats91
    replied
    I thought it might be one of the radio connector, but it may be a connector used on 2.3 4cyl cars.

See this thread on the corral:
    http://forums.corral.net/forums/elec...connector.html

I'll try to remember to look under the dash of my 91 LX 5.0 when I get home later.

Leave a comment:

• pats91
    replied
    I thought it might look like the cruise control connector, but I can see the cruise module and plug in the background in your first picture. I don't think it is a cluster connector, as the 2 cluster connectors are black and white, and have the contacts on the outside. At least on my car, which is a 1991, and the electrics are a little different than the 87-89 cars. It may be for the radio. I cant be sure without looking at my car.

Leave a comment:

• Teddyzee
    replied
    Looking good!

That connector looks like the type to plug into the cluster.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied

Cut it out. You'll find out real quick what it was for, lol.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; July 19, 2016, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    VROOM VROOM! (At least, soon.) That engine must feel weird, sittin' in a Mustang.

Dan
    Next on the list is springs, struts, spindles, brakes, drive shaft, then I am going to finish hooking up the motor.

It's amazing that the volvo motor fit like it was made to be there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X