Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    I was going to get one of those when I went to there website it said that stock clutches often have clearance issues. I couldn't find a picture of the front side, so I just got the FMS one. Some day I would like a 5.8 so the PRWS sounded nice, but I didn't want to deal with clutch issues.

I have a cheap dial indicator I got when I replaced the bearings in the 98. I will try that frist.

The PRWS website said to measure the run out on the flywheel, I have never thought of doing that before.
    Last edited by Russell; June 25, 2016, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Hope The Kid had a great adventure!

And I agree on safety stuff - pricey but worth it. Russell - if you need it I have a dial indicator and a base that worked on the Volvo engine - just stop by. I was surprised at how far out the QuickTime scatter shield was so I'm sure yours will NEED indexing. I also have a nice clean pallet that ought to make great furniture.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Sent summit $919 today for a scatter sheild, flywheel and drive shaft loop. I really like my feet, I really like my feet, one more time, I really like my feet.
    Yeah, I bought a billet flywheel for my P motor for the same reasons. for the cost of a good pair of work boots over a stock type cast iron, my feet are worth it. I bought a PRW with a bolt of wieght. Funny I put the wheel on today then I went to put the King Cobra clutch kit I had for a million years and when to bolt it on with the ARP bolts came to a screeching halt. I need M8 and not 5/16. Shit. I was planning on doing the swap or at least start to remove the old motor. Tomorrow I have to go to Kennedy air port at 10 PM and pick the kid up from her New Zealand trip

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Sent summit $919 today for a scatter sheild, flywheel and drive shaft loop. I really like my feet, I really like my feet, one more time, I really like my feet.
    Last edited by Russell; June 24, 2016, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Rolled the mustang out in the driveway put it on blocks and put the purple power and garden hose to it. The inside turned out pretty nice the under side is better but still is still dirty. I need to get it back up and determine if it's good enough or needs more attention. Three and half weeks until consolidation week!

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I sure there are a few things that need to be done. As long as nothing is "broken" I am good at putting it off

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    No honey do list? I'm sure you'll get in trouble for not doing something at home while they're away. I usually do.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Let's see........

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    So in July JP1 and JP2 are going to the beach. I have been thinking of taking the week off and working on the car. Parts I know I need/want sfi flywheel and bell a/c evaporator and heater core, drive shaft loop. If I get the paint done before hand. Starting on Monday think I can get fuel wireing brakes motor trans etc. Installed in a work week?

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I'm not as fortunate. This is my shop helper. Her job is to cover everything with white fur.

I was at the Carlisle Ford Motorsport show this weekend. I picked up a nice set of Crane 1.72 Cobra rocker arms for $115. Getting close to getting my P motor in. Time hasn't been my friend lately.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Cutest helper ever!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Found some time to work on the volvo engine. Put the timing cover on, the oil pump pick up, the oil pan, balancer and FED. I need to put the thermostat in (forgot to get a gasket) I will wait until its in to put the upper intake a crank pulley on.

My shop helper came in while Mommy cooked supper.

Last edited by Russell; June 4, 2016, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    They look very similar but that is the boat anchor, I am getting the FED put on the volvo engine.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That looks like a Volvo engine.......

It'll be fun to tell folks you have a Volvo engine in your Fox race car! (Sounds like something I'd build.)

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; April 26, 2016, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X