Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Is that the moment where you tell him "That's because you were granny shifting instead of double clutching like you should" and then try and keep a straight face?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I was kidding.. sort of... You've heard 3rd gear rattling in a T5? Sounds like it's going to come through the floor at you.
    Nope, still rocking the same T5 sense 2004 ish? When it was in the 89 I took it to get the front end aligned. The guy test drove it and said "I couldn't get it in gear". My Dad's response was "my son races that thing" I say "your not riping it hard enough". It's been on borrowed time for over a decade.

I have a spare on the bench (was the one I had in the Capri) but second gear synchro
    ​is pretty chewed up. I was playing with it last year when I put the top cover on I don't think I got the forks correct it's locked up now need to open it back up and try again.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I was kidding.. sort of... You've heard 3rd gear rattling in a T5? Sounds like it's going to come through the floor at you.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have heard of automatics coming out of the case. Didn't know it was a thing with manuals?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I have a trans blanket if you want it.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    All my "stock" "untouch" goals where N/A. Be cool to see what a stock engine will do. Once it gets a Turbo the only goal is how cheap can I make it run 10.0x reliable.

I know I am asking for the unreasonable.

I think a 5.8 with aftermarket heads should be able enough power at a reasonable boost pressure. Anyone want to take bets on how many T5s I kill before it gets and slush box?

The Sloppy "don't BS me" and "eights for eight" make me question if I am going down the right path.
    Matt killed more than a couple of parts on that quest. Yeah, the LS is a modern built wonder. They are dirt cheap enough, but a good head / cam / intake on a boosted junkyard 351 doesn't have to make very many excuses. I'd put a kevlar blanket around a T5 though...

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have no clue on the .96 vs 1.05. I assume the latter, I think I see them most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    All my "stock" "untouch" goals where N/A. Be cool to see what a stock engine will do. Once it gets a Turbo the only goal is how cheap can I make it run 10.0x reliable.

I know I am asking for the unreasonable.

I think a 5.8 with aftermarket heads should be able enough power at a reasonable boost pressure. Anyone want to take bets on how many T5s I kill before it gets and slush box?

The Sloppy "don't BS me" and "eights for eight" make me question if I am going down the right path.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

Stock cam! I have the gt40p heads on the old motor it has upgraded valve spring, but I have been told they have thin decks so they don't hold head gaskets well.
    Nothing stock holds head gaskets well on a 302... nature of the 4 head bolt beast! It's a "safety valve" to keep you from driving over the crank. lol.

Maybe look at it this way, if you make 225 stock and 250 from GT40p heads, you don't have to put as much boost on it to get the same HP under boost? 14 pounds, 450 v 500... better chamber, less rattle.

On the other hand, I get the all stock long block goals... kind of. There's no way you could keep me from putting a grinder on the stock heads though. They are abysmal. Zero love for stock E7te's... they weren't even good truck heads. There was a reason HRM found well over 100 hp with AFR heads so very many years ago.

/rant off... sorry. not sure what that was about.

Valvesprings. LOL!! You're gonna end up pushing the intake open with boost. ;)
    Last edited by Beagle; July 26, 2020, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    What hot side are you gonna get? I see .96 and 1.05 AR but not sure how much difference that means... do they have a compressor map for it anywhere? I'm not sure I'd expect to find one at that price, but curious about it anyway.

VS racing is about 10 miles from my house in Lewisville, about 40 from where I'm at now. Lemme know if you need a "hands on" for anything?
    Last edited by Beagle; July 26, 2020, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    valve springs

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    valve springs
    Stock cam! I have the gt40p heads on the old motor it has upgraded valve spring, but I have been told they have thin decks so they don't hold head gaskets well.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    valve springs

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    For low boost ring gap should be fine. I am alittle worried about letting the magic out. When it needs head gaskets I might look at the ring gap.

I am going to try to get it painted before I start on the turbo install. Hopefully that will get me back on track with paint. Need to finish the air compressor shead, and buy the big boy compressor.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    501 at the tire is where "them" tells me the bad smoke fire and metallic part spewing genie lives, but that really is a ways off. Stock heads are going to be a pretty big road block.

Ring gap?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X