Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morijr
    replied
    Gentlemen, my MSD 6425 module has damaged the tachometer pulse output CISMD.
    Someone has your number and knows if I can get it.
    I already asked this question to the manufacturer but had no answer.
    I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Morijr; February 23, 2020, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Mine is just fused.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have one sitting here, might as well put it in. Should I fuse or fuse link it?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I put our coil on a relay. It and the fuel pump relay are controlled by the same switch. Is it necessary? Probably not, because I can't think of any car I've ever owned that had a coil relay.
    Last edited by BBR; February 20, 2020, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I always figure that it can't hurt to add more relays and/or more grounds. You should see the relays in the Volvo! So when in doubt, add!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I don't want to say how many hours I have looked at wiring diagrams. I think I figured out how it was wired and a way to get it going again. I have a few questions.

Ford powers the AC relay from the eec relay and both relays use same ground, is the Holley ok with that or should I add another relay.

The Holley instructions called for the coil to be powered from a relay. I didn't see on in the Ford diagram. Should I add one in? This based on a 1989 wiring harness / dash.

Click image for larger version.   Name:	IMG_20200218_232217_875.jpg  Views:	0  Size:	89.8 KB  ID:	57288Click image for larger version.   Name:	IMG_20200219_001704_945.jpg  Views:	0  Size:	86.2 KB  ID:	57289
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Russell; February 19, 2020, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I think I am making this harder than it should be. I was trying to not cut up my factory harness. I bought a box of wiring harness connectors off eBay it has most of the ones I will need and have been studying the factory wiring diagram trying to figure out what I need and what goes where. If I didn't want to keep the A/C water temp and oil pressure gauge it would be lot easier. I think the fuel pump power runs through the engine harness as well.

I have been thinking about going to the junkyard and looking at the other late 80's fords to see if there is a factory harness I can weed out. The smarter thing to do would be cut up the one I have.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got the O2 harness and passenger seat out yesterday. Tonight I changed the CTS and IAT. Then pulled the main harness through the firewall. Hooked up the TFI, injectors, IAT and CTS. So far it's going pretty good. Took a short video then my phone died. Hope to pull the power harness tomorrow.
    https://youtu.be/4_4lffErVaY

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    ...Holley instructions say the Wide band O2 should be facing down. The bungs in my H-Pipe are up. What will happen if I use the existing bung? False readings? Shorted sensor life? How much is a replacement sensor?...
    It is my understanding that they don't want condensation getting trapped in the O2 sensor. Mine are on the sides of the collectors and seem to be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Not much to report on the Terminator X install. I have been unplugging and not cutting. Was thinking I could use the harness on another car some day. I got the small vacuum can out of the fender well and the solenoids for the air pump valves. Started to pull the O2 harness to find it connects to the low oil sensor.

I would like to keep my factory oil pressure and temperature gauges working. The wires run through the main harness and I think the go to the black and grey connect on the driver's side firewall. I also need to figure out a stand alone A/C harness.

Would other Ford vehicles from this error have the same connections?

The Holley instructions say the Wide band O2 should be facing down. The bungs in my H-Pipe are up. What will happen if I use the existing bung? False readings? Shorted sensor life? How much is a replacement sensor?

Is one bank on the 5.0 known to be leaner than the other? I would like to put the O2 sensor on the leaner side.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Heck idk. Somewhere around there. Jake was decidedly more aggressive with it on RMRW than I ever was.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Tach it up snd let it rip!!
    What do you launch your's at? I was shooting for between 4-4500. Looking forward to the two step

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Tach it up snd let it rip!!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I picked up a new DA sander from HF it works well and my air little compressor do ok. I got spare hood out of inventory and started sanding it. I am trying get all the shine off, still need to sand some more.

I got the Terminator X and have started removing the factory wiring harness.

I put up a pair of one season old 28x9 MT Drag. I have been racing lately on 275/50/15 MT DR (26") I wonder how it will like the bias 28"?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Been slack on the sanding, but I did take the labor money from the insurance, my birthday and Christmas cash and placed an order for a:
    //www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/terminator_x/terminator_x_and_x_max_ford_kits/

Looking forward to having data logging and dipping my toes into efi tunning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X