• Show
Clear All

• MP&C
    replied

Awesome tow vehicle!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Bad enough, I tried scotchbrite and then some crocus cloth. It's pitted on the ramps on a couple lobes and a bearing surface. Pisses me off for not checking when I got it. It would have been fine.

I'm looking at a couple cams from Howards. I'm limited to .540" which is more then enough. I think the 221275-12 with the slightly wider 112 LCA may be a better pick of the two, I think it may have a slightly broader torque curve and maybe a little less peak torque. I'm going to call Howard's next week. I'll see how the money goes. It's push coming to shove to get the motor in the car. Never mind the retro fit listing. They seem to have the same number for both reduced base circle and 5.0 applications, weird.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-221275-10

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-221275-12
    BEECAM and 1.7's!!

(all hail BeeCam!)

Sorry Russell, my search-fu on BS is weak. Are you gonna part it out or park it in the field?

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Bad enough, I tried scotchbrite and then some crocus cloth. It's pitted on the ramps on a couple lobes and a bearing surface. Pisses me off for not checking when I got it. It would have been fine.

I'm looking at a couple cams from Howards. I'm limited to .540" which is more then enough. I think the 221275-12 with the slightly wider 112 LCA may be a better pick of the two, I think it may have a slightly broader torque curve and maybe a little less peak torque. I'm going to call Howard's next week. I'll see how the money goes. It's push coming to shove to get the motor in the car. Never mind the retro fit listing. They seem to have the same number for both reduced base circle and 5.0 applications, weird.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-221275-10

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-221275-12
    Last edited by Huskinhano; February 7th, 2016, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

Neal, no problem. It happened during shipping. I should have checked when I got it. All's good.
    how bad is the pitting? Does it go all the way across where the roller travels? Hit that muther with some scotchbrite and look at where the roller contacts!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The one on the stand going into the 87 just has an HO cam. The P motor we pulled from the capri and put in Dad's F250 has the Ecam.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I'll just sneak into Russell's garage one night while he has an engine out and preferable partially disassembled.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; February 6th, 2016, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Neal, no problem. It happened during shipping. I should have checked when I got it. All's good.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer. However, it sounds like a great candidate for a light regrinding - maybe even change the specs a bit. I like Delta in Tacoma, WA - great guys to work with. They'll have some suggestions.

And Russell - I have goodies for you the next time you come by. I found stuff on the mezzanine that I'd forgotten I had and it has your name all over it. Besides, I can get those nasty headers outta here!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    You're making me antsy go get back to working on my car. last weekend my wife and daughter went to MD to visit our son. I had the whole weekend to myself but wasn't feeling very well and got nothing done. This weekend, staying in NJ along with my wife and daughter because my daughter leaves from JFK for New Zealand on Monday. maybe next weekend. Oh, I found out my E cam is bad. I never removed it from the container. It must have gotten wet in the mail. Several lobes had bad enough pitting. The container looked ok though. I guess for now the P cam is going back in.
    CRAP!!! sorry Tom

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    You're making me antsy go get back to working on my car. last weekend my wife and daughter went to MD to visit our son. I had the whole weekend to myself but wasn't feeling very well and got nothing done. This weekend, staying in NJ along with my wife and daughter because my daughter leaves from JFK for New Zealand on Monday. maybe next weekend. Oh, I found out my E cam is bad. I never removed it from the container. It must have gotten wet in the mail. Several lobes had bad enough pitting. The container looked ok though. I guess for now the P cam is going back in.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    It needs paint and a quarter panel. There is a build thread. And a theads about being more attached to a motor than a car. I convinced myself that I am better off doing a body swap than fixing and upgrading.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    My post got lost then I could not save the edit

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The 89 is not a bad car. You have seen it, it's right over there

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    That front accessory drive picture is exactly what I needed several years ago. lol. It's great to have pictures like that if you ever let a project go a dozen years in the yard. No - it's not running, just thought I would make comment.

I've seen the Capri and the Grape Ape, but I'm not sure I remember the '89. That's pretty clean looking! Other than the axle, what's it's deal?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Dad came down to today and brought his engine hoist and a stand. We were able to get the P engine out with out any trouble.

Last edited by Russell; February 5th, 2016, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X