• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    But is the price right?

Dan
    If I do it the price is right, Jennifer's class charges reasonable rates. They have a plasma cam, half the time she claims it not working, if I had a bunch of fab work I would try to get my hands on it.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    But is the price right?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Cool! Now I know where to get aluminum welded! Sorry about the "trade school" reference - darn ol' memory ain't what it used to be.

Dan
    No problem, I make no promises about quality apearance or turn around time!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Cool! Now I know where to get aluminum welded! Sorry about the "trade school" reference - darn ol' memory ain't what it used to be.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied

Sheet metal takes practice, for sure.

Folks - Mrs. Russell teaches (my words, not hers) Agricultural Mechanics (among other things) at a local trade school. She HAS chops well beyond mine in the welding world.

Dan
    Minor correction. It's an "normal" high school. She is going to a welding work shop at Lincoln this summer.

I went in the other day and tried my hand at TIG aluminum was not pretty but I made it stick together and it even held up when I hit it with a hammer. Will need more practice before I am ready to weld on intakes.
    Last edited by Russell; February 17, 2016, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I think women make some damn good welders! When they were putting gas lines in from the wells, my friend was telling me there was this woman welding, she was like a machine just laying down beautiful welds. I was watching Wheeler Dealer. They were working on a V8 Rover and had a set of custom made headers done. The shop building them, I guess the guy's wife was bending the tubing and tig welding it. Her work would have given any guy a run for the money.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; February 17, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    When I told her it was not working right she suggested I check the settings on the welder I had it set to high. I asked he if she wanted to help, she said "I will do it" that was not my intention so I desideed to do it myself. A year ago I would have said I was the better welder. She has practiced a lot and even has a certification. Sheet medal is tougher than the thicker stuff.
    Sheet metal takes practice, for sure.

Folks - Mrs. Russell teaches (my words, not hers) Agricultural Mechanics (among other things) at a local trade school. She HAS chops well beyond mine in the welding world.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

Thanks, in the truck to the right of the spair tire well

I'm glad you spelled it correctly - after all, it's despair tire

Leave a comment:

• MP&C
    replied
    Nice job on the trunk repair!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    When I told her it was not working right she suggested I check the settings on the welder I had it set to high. I asked he if she wanted to help, she said "I will do it" that was not my intention so I desideed to do it myself. A year ago I would have said I was the better welder. She has practiced a lot and even has a certification. Sheet medal is tougher than the thicker stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Did Jennifer coach you? I hear she's good with a welder.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Not all that bad! Be careful, you'll get good at this.

Dan
    Thanks, I have some more in the floor boards and a under the hood.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    Where is it? Looks good.
    Thanks, in the truck to the right of the spair tire well

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Where is it? Looks good.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Not all that bad! Be careful, you'll get good at this.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 16, 2016, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X