X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I took some in car video of my runs. Dan do you think Dick would aprove of how I am treating his volvo engine?

https://youtu.be/th-FQtnQK-Q
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! I'm clue him in to come and look.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I took some in car video of my runs. Dan do you think Dick would aprove of how I am treating his volvo engine?

Last edited by Russell; August 29, 2017, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I think you should get a foxbody and put a BBB in it. You wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off your face!
    I likes the way you think! THAT would be fun!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Well of course there is, you could get a Buick
    I think you should get a foxbody and put a BBB in it. You wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off your face!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Lots of room for improvement but I had a good time.
    Well of course there is, you could get a Buick

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Dad came over and we drove the mustang down to wayne county. They were having a little trouble with the lights. Came home with 6 slips, made one or two that did not record. A couple just got time and not mph. With street tires it spins even rolling into the gas. It feels like it is shacking the tires or some wheel hop. 60's where really bad best of the night was a 2.08 Best complete time slip: 2.164, 9.311 @ 77.172 I made one other pass after that: 2.156, 9.299 but didn't get mph. Lots of room for improvement but I had a good time.
    Last edited by Russell; August 27, 2017, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got the driver's door panel on how do you like my new temporary window crank? I was happy when I found the rear speaker wires still in the trunk! Tested the left side it worked. I need to buy 2 speakers for the rear. There are two square holes in the package tray that I want to mount them in. The roll bar goes through the factory speaker holes. Any advice on buying speakers? I am not an audiophile, but would like it to sound "good" looking to spend $30-40 no more than 50 for the pair. The fronts are kicker....
    Last edited by Russell; August 24, 2017, 05:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Worked on the window crank this weekend. Pictures are old crank and the reason a $10 plastic handle will not work. Custom nut. Attached. Because I am a grinder not a welder. Now I need a ratchet to rais lower the window not vice grips. Tonight I put the radio in and one speaker. Took alot of Google foo to figure out I had to remove the wiring harness for the "premium radio" to hook it up to the standard harness.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Made it to the out the shop 2 out of the last 3 days. Got the seal plates down and the centerm console in. Driver's side door panel and radio are next. I am going to try to modify the window regulator and make a custom window crank. **The official target drag strip date is Sunday the 27 th! **
    Last edited by Russell; August 17, 2017, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Finished a small project that has nothing to do with getting the car to the track. When I bought the 98 GT it had a white shift knob in the console. Well it didn't fit. So I put it on the shelf. Well I finally drilled out the brass insert and taped. I didn't realize that it had an aftermarket handle that I had just crosstreaded a stock knob on. I taped it out to the stock thread size. I had a stock handle that had been cut down so i switched the handle out two.
    Last edited by Russell; August 15, 2017, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    I never could get the whine out of 'Stanger's rear - it finally went away when I installed the entire TurboCoupe assembly.

Dan
    That's probably the best way to handle it. But I would like to keep my spool, axles and c-clip eliminator if possible. And the lower control arms are relocated lower on brackets. I hope to live with it or fix what I have.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I never could get the whine out of 'Stanger's rear - it finally went away when I installed the entire TurboCoupe assembly.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Didn't make any progres this weekend. Mom and Dad came over for dinner tonight, after I took Dad for a ride. It's amazing how much quiter it is. You can still hear the gear wine
    Last edited by Russell; August 13, 2017, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Picking away at it last night: Passenger seat in. Put the trunk board and insulation, over top the spare. #streetcar need to buy an extra deep socket the tire iron will not reach with the long studs on the end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X