Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Worked on the rearend a little. Set up my new to me bench grinder with a wire wheel and cleaned the bolts. Ground the axle tubes back a little then wiped them out. Pulled everything off the backing plates but the parking break cables and got the top few layers off.

Going to buy some antiseize for the c-clip eliminator bolts and throw the axles back in so it will be a roller again. It needs to be washed bad.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I was cleaning up the rear end housing from the c clip elim leak and I think the axle may not have been trimmed down to speck. I downloaded the instructions. It said leave an 1/8 inch of the tube. There is more. How much drag should be on a c clip elim? They would not free spin?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    So how is the spool going to be on the street. Should I be looking for a limited slip?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    some folks don't mind 90/10's in a "street car"... dang sure not my thing so I can't really tell you what you want on your car! I'm not even sure what's supposed to be good any more. Fast Ed may have some input here. If you liked the KYB's, I'd do that. Particularly since they have a lifetime warranty... if they've gone away on you, get new ones?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have not done anything to the car. I have been planning my shop improvements and listing stuff for sale trying to make room and generate some cash. I hope to hit it hard in 2-3 weeks.

Phase one is pretty much a body swap. I want to move the drive train wiring and fuel systems from the 89 to the 87.

Trying to deside what / when I want to do to the supension and brakes. I think I am going to go ahead and move the brakes when I move the fuel system. So if I swap the front brakes I think I will need to replace the struts. I was told the car ran 5.90s with a 1.2x 60'. The struts have been painted over so its hard to tell what they are. Might be OEM? Keep the unknown struts that came on the car? Use the KYB AGXs I put on the 89 10 Ish years ago? Or I have a set that were told to be 70/30s that I got in a lot of parts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X