Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    The axles where cut but I don't think enough was removed. I took some more material off before reinstalling

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I bet your right if it had a 2.73 the ring gear would be no where near the cover. But that's not to say the rear has never been twisted a little, what made the C-clip eliminator leak?
    Some just leak, that's probably the #1 complaint about eliminators. I've never had a problem with it, but I RTV the snot out of all the surfaces just to be sure.

Something to check: You have to cut the end of the axle tube to install them. I'd check to make sure it was trimmed short enough to not bottom inside the eliminator before the sealing area makes good square contact.
    Last edited by BBR; September 17th, 2015, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    As to why your C-clip eliminators are leaking, could be the way it seats..
    Usually need to put all bolts/nuts on then work your way around..
    Maybe your backing plate has a nick or not get a new gaskt...
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; September 17th, 2015, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Ratio? 4:xx and larger tend to have thick ring gears and small pinion gears...

I suspect it is because of deep gears and no gasket.. Can use silicone (right stuff) and not squeeze ot all out by overtightening the cover..
    Mine are 3.55's. 8.8's are fairly tough with better axles.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I bet your right if it had a 2.73 the ring gear would be no where near the cover. But that's not to say the rear has never been twisted a little, what made the C-clip eliminator leak?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X