No announcement yet.

Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might Diaper it if you're on slicks. 600 hp on a stock long block wouldn't be that easy without quite a bit of boost, the heads just won't support it easily. I think, however, it would not be that hard to get 600 foot pounds without taxing a GT45 real hard, and that's what I'd want to avoid.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      might Diaper it if you're on slicks. 600 hp on a stock long block wouldn't be that easy without quite a bit of boost, the heads just won't support it easily. I think, however, it would not be that hard to get 600 foot pounds without taxing a GT45 real hard, and that's what I'd want to avoid.
      Right now it worse it's on drag radials! I figured it would take 25 lbs of boost to make 600HP. How much the long block will handle, well I don't know. Hopefully I will know when it maxed out before it gives up. I can see an engine swap in my future more than likely a 5.8 maybe an LS.
      Last edited by Russell; July 23, 2020, 02:12 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Right now it worse it's on drag radials! I figured it would take 25 lbs of boost to make 600HP. How much the long block will handle, well I don't know. Hopefully I will know when it maxed out before it gives up. I can see an engine swap in my future more than likely a 5.8 maybe an LS.
        My 5.8 fits fine but I used the FMPP swap parts - seems like the way to go. Mine is a '96 truck short block and so has the roller cam arrangements which I think is worthwhile. For the 5.0, the usual number I've heard is that 600 HP is OK, 601 and the block will split thru the lifter bores. I have not personally tested that theory.

Dan

Comment

• 25 psi?!!

"Project Let's Drive Over the Crank"

I think it was Hellion's turbo testing that split the first one I saw trying to go 10's with stock everything many moons ago. I'd start with that 7 pound spring... lol.
          Last edited by Beagle; July 24, 2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Dan for a while some said the block crack at 501? Beagle I agree plan is to start with the smallest spring in the waste gate. Hopefully 4-7. Turn it up slowly, have a reality check around 15 before going any higher.

Have you seen on Facebook? It gives me unrealistic hope.
            Project stock bottom end is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Project stock bottom end and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and...

Project stock bottom end
            Build thread for our 91 stickshift sbe 8.2 deck fox coupe.
            Last edited by Russell; July 24, 2020, 03:28 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• 501 at the tire is where "them" tells me the bad smoke fire and metallic part spewing genie lives, but that really is a ways off. Stock heads are going to be a pretty big road block.

Ring gap?

Comment

• For low boost ring gap should be fine. I am alittle worried about letting the magic out. When it needs head gaskets I might look at the ring gap.

I am going to try to get it painted before I start on the turbo install. Hopefully that will get me back on track with paint. Need to finish the air compressor shead, and buy the big boy compressor.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• valve springs

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    valve springs
                    Stock cam! I have the gt40p heads on the old motor it has upgraded valve spring, but I have been told they have thin decks so they don't hold head gaskets well.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• valve springs

Comment

• What hot side are you gonna get? I see .96 and 1.05 AR but not sure how much difference that means... do they have a compressor map for it anywhere? I'm not sure I'd expect to find one at that price, but curious about it anyway.

VS racing is about 10 miles from my house in Lewisville, about 40 from where I'm at now. Lemme know if you need a "hands on" for anything?
                        Last edited by Beagle; July 26, 2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Stock cam! I have the gt40p heads on the old motor it has upgraded valve spring, but I have been told they have thin decks so they don't hold head gaskets well.
                          Nothing stock holds head gaskets well on a 302... nature of the 4 head bolt beast! It's a "safety valve" to keep you from driving over the crank. lol.

Maybe look at it this way, if you make 225 stock and 250 from GT40p heads, you don't have to put as much boost on it to get the same HP under boost? 14 pounds, 450 v 500... better chamber, less rattle.

On the other hand, I get the all stock long block goals... kind of. There's no way you could keep me from putting a grinder on the stock heads though. They are abysmal. Zero love for stock E7te's... they weren't even good truck heads. There was a reason HRM found well over 100 hp with AFR heads so very many years ago.

/rant off... sorry. not sure what that was about.

Valvesprings. LOL!! You're gonna end up pushing the intake open with boost. ;)
                          Last edited by Beagle; July 26, 2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• All my "stock" "untouch" goals where N/A. Be cool to see what a stock engine will do. Once it gets a Turbo the only goal is how cheap can I make it run 10.0x reliable.

I know I am asking for the unreasonable.

I think a 5.8 with aftermarket heads should be able enough power at a reasonable boost pressure. Anyone want to take bets on how many T5s I kill before it gets and slush box?

The Sloppy "don't BS me" and "eights for eight" make me question if I am going down the right path.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• I have no clue on the .96 vs 1.05. I assume the latter, I think I see them most of the time.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

All my "stock" "untouch" goals where N/A. Be cool to see what a stock engine will do. Once it gets a Turbo the only goal is how cheap can I make it run 10.0x reliable.

I know I am asking for the unreasonable.

I think a 5.8 with aftermarket heads should be able enough power at a reasonable boost pressure. Anyone want to take bets on how many T5s I kill before it gets and slush box?

The Sloppy "don't BS me" and "eights for eight" make me question if I am going down the right path.
                                Matt killed more than a couple of parts on that quest. Yeah, the LS is a modern built wonder. They are dirt cheap enough, but a good head / cam / intake on a boosted junkyard 351 doesn't have to make very many excuses. I'd put a kevlar blanket around a T5 though...

Comment

Working...
                                X