Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Loaded up my drag radials and skinnies in the 4x6 enclosed trailer and went to Roxboro for TnT! Swapped the tires at the track fiddled with 2step in the tune then I forgot to load it...

Apparently I forgot how to do a burn out and make a clean pass. Another member of the local mustang forum was there I asked him to video my pass he did one better, I was not pulling up far enough and was still in the water with the burn out. I hocked up the 2step for a couple days ago. I didn't do very good adding something to my routine. Letting go of the button and the clutch at the same time is not as easy as it sounds. At least two passes o held onto the 2step after the launch and it killed 60'. My best pass did result in a 1.76 60' which is about normal for my car. Thinking about trying to mount a switch on the clutch peddle for the 2step, that or I need to go practice 10 times a day every day.

On the way home I noticed the car runs much better at a little over 2500 rpms than it does a little under. Which seems kinda of weird. I did log it other than there being a little less timing I didn't really see much difference. The bad thing is a little over 2500 is about 67 mph and we're a little under would be 63 where I would rather cruise at on those county roads. Ideas?
    ​​​​​
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    My offer still stands.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have been slack. I did set the Holley to trigger the auto logging and wired in my 2-step button! Looking forward to heading to the track!

I nee to get back on the paint project. The top sides are 90% sanded. I am thinking about painting the under sides and maybe the rear tail light panel semi gloss black.
    ​​​​​

​​​

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Try that. Seems like I screwed up.....

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Sent you a PM.

Dan
    Check your sent box, I have not gotten anything.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sent you a PM.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I found the website, the rule is there to keep contractors from dumping commercial waste at the convenience sites intended for residential. It doesn't even mention household trash they assume anyone using an enclosed trailer is doing a big home projects not throwing away a few 13 gallon bags with kitchen trash and little boy training pants. The sticker that is required is only good for 7 days and takes about 2 business days to process. The website says there is no option for a permanent pass.

I have not decided if I want to call the county and complain. Maybe I should apply for a new sticker every week just in case I want to use my car / trailer to take the trash to the dump. My rubbermade trash cans will not fit in a mustang coupe. Most of the time I use the truck just because it the most convenient but the mustang is more fun, and it's good to get practice backing a trailer with a car with a spool

I guess I am the exception wanting to use a car and enclosed trailer to haul house trash. If I was contractor and wanted to get around the rule I would just use a single axle open trailer, or load it in the back of a truck.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    The sad part is that the guy at the dump is just doing what he was told to do. It's the person telling him what to do who needs his/her ears boxed. That said, there usually is some room for discretion but the guy you ran into wasn't willing (maybe was afraid to?) to discress.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Local govt can make you want to buy a tank and drive over a few buildings. I deal with them frequently. No common sense, they just check boxes on a form.
    Last edited by BBR; May 15, 2020, 05:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have been slowly playing with the tune. I switched from the hand held base tune to one that came with the software and I have been slowly leaning it out and adding a little timing here and there. I keep telling myself I need to get back on the sanding but it has not happened.

I hooked the new Dragweek/beachbum trailer to the mustang and hauled the weekly trash to the dump. Car did great seems like the extra load is less then when it's hooked to our 2001 Suburban?

Our County has rules that don't allow you to haul trash to the dump with an enclosed or tandem axle trailer with out a sticker. I assume it's to make the commercial guys pay a tipping fee. They dude working there would not let me throw away my two bags of kitchen trash away. I lost my cool. I am convinced he just wanted to be a butthole. That or our county doesn't hire people they can trust to make common sense decisions. I was going to take a picture of the car hooked to trailer. I was so hot I forgot to take the picture and pushed the trailer behind the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got it running a couple days ago. Drove it around the block tonight. Went well. It took it easy for the frist time out. Look forward to working out the tune and getting back to the track,. Will be neat to see what it runs,. Should be as close to an A B test as it gets (not counting weather)
    Last edited by Russell; March 19, 2020, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I worked on the mustang alot this weekend. The family was out of town. I think the wiring for the engine/Holley is done. Got the upper intake back on. I still need to do the A/C and other I/O. I got the new O2 bungs welded in and did some repairs one the cat back. Next up is install the H-Pipe. Wide band O2 and fire. Hopefully this week I will be making noise!

Leave a comment:

• Morijr
    replied
    Gentlemen, my MSD 6425 module has damaged the tachometer pulse output CISMD.
    Someone has your number and knows if I can get it.
    I already asked this question to the manufacturer but had no answer.
    I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Morijr; February 23, 2020, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Mine is just fused.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have one sitting here, might as well put it in. Should I fuse or fuse link it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X