Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Congratulations on a successful trip! You drove it there? That'd be like a double bonus..

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Made it back home car is back it the shop, long night for two passes....
    Second was better but still spun.
    2.244, 9.227 @ 77.29

For the frist time out I am pleased. I want to weld up the torque boxes some more. It should 60 less than 2 so I think it has a low 9 high 8 in it with some chassis / driver tuning.

The TnT sticker on the 89 said 9/20 so I got back to the track in less than a year!

Last edited by Russell; September 15, 2016, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Was late getting to the track made one pass so far. Need to work on my burn out, spun, had pretty bad wheel hop in frist and a little in second.

2.314, 9.453 @ 76.90

Lanes are closed should get one more tonight...

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That was always a good engine. Dick didn't really NEED the crate motor, he just WANTED it. It'll be fun to see what it runs at the track.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by 91CCFirebird View Post
    looking forward to times from the track
    Me too! I am not expecting to break records the frist time out. Get it back home in one piece, learn about the car. Have fun!

I took it around the block tonight and the motor seems to be running well, I am sure the chassis needs more work. Gave it some gas from a slow roll in 1st, gas in second to 55 mph felt like its quicker than my lincoln

Leave a comment:

Working...
X