Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I fully support public assistance for Ford owners.
    I will be glad let you sponsor my race car!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Rule No. 1 of Racing !!!!
      Never Run a Car on YOUR Money !!!

Richard Petty.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Rule No. 1 of Racing !!!!
        Never Run a Car on YOUR Money !!!

Richard Petty.......
        I knew I was doing something wrong!

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

I will be glad let you sponsor my race car!
          I'm sure we can come up with a 50 cent contingency.... of course, you have to do the same as Deaf Bob by painting your car pink and put a rooster comb on the roof..... helps with aero, I hear.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 22, 2022, 05:56 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm sure we can come up with a 50 cent contingency.... of course, you have to do the same as Deaf Bob by painting your car pink and put a rooster comb on the roof..... helps with aero, I hear.
            He has Svengoolie as a Sponsor ?!!
            EXCELLENT !! Click image for larger version

Name:	young-frankenstein2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1326527

Comment

Move that decimal point 5 spaces to the right and I will get the paint chips from DB.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Move that decimal point 5 spaces to the right and I will get the paint chips from DB.
                While I do see value in this, I think (even with inflation), that is a bit steep. Seriously, is this what you believe your self-respect is worth? I need a 2nd opinion on that.... after all, you are driving a Ford.... you knew that was coming, just not how.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 22, 2022, 10:18 AM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

While I do see value in this, I think (even with inflation), that is a bit steep. Seriously, is this what you believe your self-respect is worth? I need a 2nd opinion on that.... after all, you are driving a Ford.... you knew that was coming, just not how.
                  If self respect is valued on the color of my car my self respect can be bought for way less that $50k! I just thought the move the decimal was a clever counter offer. Car is already purple, what's the big deal about pink?

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Made it to the 1/4 Sunday afternoon for TNT. First time I have been to the 1320 with the turbo. Same tune as last time but I bumped the boost cut and ignition cut up to more than I thought would be needed. I also bumped the main rev limiter up. After hearing a limiter was blamed for killing an engine not saving ok one.

Pass one, on gate forgot to turn on controller was about a 13.3 @ 104. Second pass I missed second. 13.1 @ 109. Third pass it shook the tire and ran a 12.96 @ 109.38

Great time at the track, it was kinda warm. 60 and 660 were off a little. Looking forward to going back on a cooler day. Glad to get into the 12's for the first time. Next time I hope to put it back on the 28's maybe I can get it to 60 better and get in the low 12's and a little more boost to get the 11.99 on pump 93?​ Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20221106_221536268_copy_768x1020.jpg Views:	11 Size:	140.8 KB ID:	1328595
                    Last edited by Russell; November 8, 2022, 07:57 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Not bad on a Volvo engine!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Not bad on a Volvo engine!
                        I like to think the Volvo engine likes the boost!

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Got back to the track yesterday. Switched from closed loop boost control to open to try to soften it up a little bit. I am pretty sure I was burning the clutch too much. Made some changes to the clutch tamer to slip the clutch less and was rewarded with a 1.68, 7.96 @ 87.01, 12.42 @ 111.88

There might be a little more ET in taking more slip out. Or I could put some more boost in it. Not sure which one will make it faster with less likely hood of breaking something.

I can't decide what I want to do for winter upgrades / maintenance. I think for upgrades I want to concentrate on data. I would like front wheel and drive shaft speed sensors, and an accelerometer.

​​​​​
                          Last edited by Russell; November 21, 2022, 08:35 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• With the Cadillac out of commission. The mustang might do some daily driver duty. It currently has water in the coolent system. I have not worried about it in the garage. If I drive it to work. What are the chances it will freeze while I am at work?

Should I put antifreeze in it? I know it's a pain to clean off the race track so I just kept water.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Not being from cold country nor worrying about anti-freeze much, but once visiting a relative in the mountains, I was pretty disappointed to leave in the morning and have the car overheat only a few miles down the road, turns out the radiator had split wide-open during the night. I guess it depends on how cold it gets...

Comment

• The thing is at work you could go out on breaks and get it up to operating Temps before it ever froze .could even leave it running if you have a removable steering wheel .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X