Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Well I normally use Instagram to resize my photos this one is to large. So anyway it's there, if there is demand to will try again or if you think you can help me .

I want to be able to powershift and not miss gears. What would you do to this trans or other used / junkyard trans?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The T5 in consolidation is from the 89 that had about 240k miles I put about 50k on it and other than changing the fluid it's had nothing but abuse sense 2004 when I bought the 89, don't know the history before. Others that drove the car have complained about how the trans shifted for years. I have always driven it with an iron fist or tight wallet, and claimed it shifts great!

Last year on dragweek I carried the T5 from Crapi but thankfully didn't need it. Over the summer I have been trying to learn how to power shift. It's starting to grind going into third at the track even when I do lift.

I decided to open up the spair trans and look inside. I just got Paul's book in the mail today going to pull it apart. May fix / upgrade or I may just use it got assembly practice.

What does this picture tell you?
    Last edited by Russell; July 29, 2019, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

they've gotten better since they added other delivery options beside FedUp.
    I have never had any trouble with FedEx. Either UPS or Amazon put a signiture required on a $13 rubber gasket. UPS said the requirement could not be lift even with the buyer and the seller on the line saying to just leave it.

So right now I have no use for UPS.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Yeah, I robbed them off the blue truck before I sold it. I've never broken one, but my car was missing one when I bought it because the factory one's were plastic.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    They use the same outside door handles as a Ranger/Bronco II of the same era. Mine are the metal ones from a Ranger.
    The one I broke was sold as metal, I am guessing it's pop metal.

Did you get a used original Ford handle off a ranger? Did they hold up better on the rangers than the mustang, I don't know of many mustang that still have the original door handles.
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    They use the same outside door handles as a Ranger/Bronco II of the same era. Mine are the metal ones from a Ranger.
    That's great info!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    When I did the drivers door handle on my 86 they all seemed to be the same.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    CJ Pony Parts sells black ones for cheap - the chrome is quite a bit more. As far as installation - I had a hard time getting the big rivets to be fully tight and finally went with 1/4" 20 SS button head screws (pick the head style of your choice) and nylox nuts. I forget the length - maybe 3/4"? Anyhow, that's worked great.

Dan
    I have one of the big rivet guns so that had not been a problem. That handle was only a couple years old. I think the strikers needs to be adjusted more after I replaced the door gaskets it takes more effort to open. Didn't know if all the repos are the same or one brand was sturdier.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    CJ Pony Parts sells black ones for cheap - the chrome is quite a bit more. As far as installation - I had a hard time getting the big rivets to be fully tight and finally went with 1/4" 20 SS button head screws (pick the head style of your choice) and nylox nuts. I forget the length - maybe 3/4"? Anyhow, that's worked great.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_092751_368.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1248079It cools,. Hopefully it lasts longer than 11 months this time.
    ​​​​​​​Drove it to work Friday for the frist time ever. Drove it to Roxboro to TNT / Gamblers race. Met Dad there we raced a few times. Entered the Gamblers race, it was only $5 more than TNT so why not it good practice. I had run a 8.89, 8.84, 8.80. I decided to dial in a 8.90. I guess I was holding to many I backed off at the end but it still broke out 8.84
    Good time once the sun went down it was not so hot.
    Broke the door handle. Who sales good ones
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Yea! I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto as long as I watch the brand names.

Dan
    they've gotten better since they added other delivery options beside FedUp.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Un Acceptable Crap?
    I hope thats not it. I used their drier last year when put it on the purple car. The condenser is the biggest questionable part.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

s. Ever heard of UAC?
    Un Acceptable Crap?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    ...Ever heard of UAC?
    Is that southern for yuck?