No announcement yet.

Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure to check out http://www.tooslo86.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/TooSlo86 for more details and interaction. My all motor stock explorer long bloc...
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• yeah - stock cam too. Me too. BUUUUAAAHHH.

to be transparent without giving it all away, the white car is carbureted, is not a dual plane, and has long tubes. It will pass inspection here because it's 29 years old and an antique. Stock long block and a dremel. Not stock cam. Let's be realistic though, that would be TWO projects out the door any time soon. The black car is not low budget, and I'm not pulling the heads back off to put E7's on. I've got 1100 in the white car as it sits, and I'll list everything I bought for it. It is low budget.

***** EXCEPT *****

and I'm dead serious. If anyone has a B303 laying around for cheap, I would put it in the white car. If you know somebody with a B303 (All hail Beecam!), please get me in touch with them. I might get so churned up about a BEECAM!! I finish the black car and pull the white one in ASAP.

(I'm back at the computer desk for as long as the project lasts, can't say a lot more than that. The guys I'm working with are extremely smart, so it's enjoyable enough.)
      Last edited by Beagle; February 9, 2016, 05:14 PM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I was having an awful lot of trouble posting a youtube clip. It kept saying it wasn't a valid URL. Anyway, I'm thinking of this cam from Howards. They make it in both 110 or 112 LCA. I was thinking the 112 LCA would be better for me, I like my tall gears. Howards agreed with my choice other then they recommended the 110 LCA. They said it would have a little more low end but slightly rougher idle. They did ask if I had power brakes. I don't.I don't know why they call it a retro fit cam. It's not a reduuced base circle cam. They do offer it in a reduced base circle version and it's listed as such. The springs I installed for the E cam are good for .540"

http://www.competitionproducts.com/H.../#.VrqUTlI72Gs
        Last edited by Huskinhano; February 9, 2016, 06:41 PM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          yeah - stock cam too. Me too. BUUUUAAAHHH.

and I'm dead serious. If anyone has a B303 laying around for cheap, I would put it in the white car. If you know somebody with a B303 (All hail Beecam!), please get me in touch with them. I might get so churned up about a BEECAM!! I finish the black car and pull the white one in ASAP.
          I forgot the black car is mostly together, I don't blame you I would not open it up either. Now lets see if we can find you cam!

http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...llers-etc.html asking 150 plus shipping and paypal, wow unless they really get better with mileage like they say i would get a new one off ebay for 195 to my door. If I saw one for 100 shipped would pull the trigger.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Russ, thanks for the bump on Corral.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• yeah, I saw them at 200 new. They used to go for 50-75 on the local boards, which is what I call cheap! I guess they all got melted down, it's certainly had it's day in the sun... I have a solid flat tappet I bought from a Crower Garage Sale for 20 bucks. I'll use it. Let's call it "lumpy".
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Huskinhano I've heard some not so great things about Howards cams build quality??

I'm building a beer money 302 for the 64 - the plan is stock bottom end, new rings, home hone, GT40 heads, stock bolt down rockers and stock pushrods (as long as geometry looks good) E303 cam with proper springs / retainers, need to pull the heads apart to see if a valve job or any guide work is required. So far the bores and pistons measured out pretty good, cross hatch is still visible in the bores and there's very little ridge at the top of the bores. There is some taper, most bores measured 4.001" at the bottom and 4.005 near the ridge, pistons all came in at 3.997+ at the base of the skirts.

I'll look around for a B cam Beags....
                Last edited by milner351; February 10, 2016, 11:02 AM.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  Huskinhano I've heard some not so great things about Howards cams build quality??

I'm building a beer money 302 for the 64 - the plan is stock bottom end, new rings, home hone, GT40 heads, stock bolt down rockers and stock pushrods (as long as geometry looks good) E303 cam with proper springs / retainers, need to pull the heads apart to see if a valve job or any guide work is required. So far the bores and pistons measured out pretty good, cross hatch is still visible in the bores and there's very little ridge at the top of the bores. There is some taper, most bores measured 4.001" at the bottom and 4.005 near the ridge, pistons all came in at 3.997+ at the base of the skirts.

I'll look around for a B cam Beags....
                  Really? What have you heard? I know they don't have the recognition of Comp and so on, I've never heard anything bad about them either. You're the first I've heard. Hey, you work for Ford, right? Can you comment on the distributor gear post I accidentally put in the project forum. I'm wondering what Ford made their 5.0 OHV roller cams out of?

I'm holding off as long as I can with a cam. I'll clean and paint every little bracket first. The cam will be the last thing I buy. Gives me plenty of time to make up my mind. Push comes to shove, I'll put the P cam back in for the time being. Hell this thing should run better then the 7 cylinder in the car now.

I'm building mine on PBR money. I paid $450 for the engine and trans, sold a set of P heads for $525 and sold the trans as a core for $25. I was glad just to get it out of the garage. My motor is *suppose* to have less then 40K.
                  Last edited by Huskinhano; February 10, 2016, 08:55 PM.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Welded on the 87 some tonight. Filled two big holes with sheet metal and spot welded two screw wholes. I had much better luck with these using the copper backing. One I go the might better adjusted, I had it turned up to high, second I don't think magnet held it tight enough. I will post a few pictures tomorrow.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• I wanted to do my best MP&C impression, The only car anyone would care less about than a fox mustang is a third gen camaro, I don't have a camaro so this will have to do. I have plenty of room for improvement! Here is the hole the PO installed

Remove paint / rust.

Spots

Grind

More spots, more grinding, more spots, more grinding, close enough!
                      Last edited by Russell; February 16, 2016, 07:14 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Not all that bad! Be careful, you'll get good at this.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; February 16, 2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Where is it? Looks good.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                            Where is it? Looks good.
                            Thanks, in the truck to the right of the spair tire well

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              Not all that bad! Be careful, you'll get good at this.

Dan
                              Thanks, I have some more in the floor boards and a under the hood.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Did Jennifer coach you? I hear she's good with a welder.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X