No announcement yet.

Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang that's a LOT of war! (That's "wire" for you Yankees.) Whatcha going to put back in there? Something like I did for Mutt?

Dan

Comment

I will put that dash or the one in the 89 back in (hopefully)
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Trying to plan my attack. I plan to swap the V8 brakes from the 89 onto the 87 and ditch the little I4 brakes. I am guessing this work will be easier with the motor in the car.

When I pull a motor I like the car to be able to roll sometimes it's easier to push the car from under the hanging motor than move the cherry picker.

Anyone ever replaced the coil springs with...? I was thinking a section of 4x4 for tempary support. So I can remove the front coil springs. Put the wheels back on to remove engine. Then easily remove the spindles and brakes.

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Pulled the donor out into the rain to wash the dust off. Figured I should clean it up before I part it out. I think it will be easier to pull the motor in the left bay it is deeper than the right. Moving the 87 by myself is not fun. Between the spool and no brakes and my driveway is up hill. I hooked a 2x4 to the k member and the ball on my lawn mower. Work smarter not harder

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Wood 2x4 will easily support front of car. When I was a kid, the look was nose high. We would run around town with 2x4's jammed between A frame and frame. Would last for days. Bounced like crazy! Love your tow rig!
            Last edited by Crank; January 11, 2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Dad came down to today and brought his engine hoist and a stand. We were able to get the P engine out with out any trouble.

Last edited by Russell; February 5, 2016, 09:09 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

That front accessory drive picture is exactly what I needed several years ago. lol. It's great to have pictures like that if you ever let a project go a dozen years in the yard. No - it's not running, just thought I would make comment.

I've seen the Capri and the Grape Ape, but I'm not sure I remember the '89. That's pretty clean looking! Other than the axle, what's it's deal?
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The 89 is not a bad car. You have seen it, it's right over there

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

My post got lost then I could not save the edit

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• It needs paint and a quarter panel. There is a build thread. And a theads about being more attached to a motor than a car. I convinced myself that I am better off doing a body swap than fixing and upgrading.

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• You're making me antsy go get back to working on my car. last weekend my wife and daughter went to MD to visit our son. I had the whole weekend to myself but wasn't feeling very well and got nothing done. This weekend, staying in NJ along with my wife and daughter because my daughter leaves from JFK for New Zealand on Monday. maybe next weekend. Oh, I found out my E cam is bad. I never removed it from the container. It must have gotten wet in the mail. Several lobes had bad enough pitting. The container looked ok though. I guess for now the P cam is going back in.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                          You're making me antsy go get back to working on my car. last weekend my wife and daughter went to MD to visit our son. I had the whole weekend to myself but wasn't feeling very well and got nothing done. This weekend, staying in NJ along with my wife and daughter because my daughter leaves from JFK for New Zealand on Monday. maybe next weekend. Oh, I found out my E cam is bad. I never removed it from the container. It must have gotten wet in the mail. Several lobes had bad enough pitting. The container looked ok though. I guess for now the P cam is going back in.
                          CRAP!!! sorry Tom
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Bummer. However, it sounds like a great candidate for a light regrinding - maybe even change the specs a bit. I like Delta in Tacoma, WA - great guys to work with. They'll have some suggestions.

And Russell - I have goodies for you the next time you come by. I found stuff on the mezzanine that I'd forgotten I had and it has your name all over it. Besides, I can get those nasty headers outta here!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                              CRAP!!! sorry Tom
                              Neal, no problem. It happened during shipping. I should have checked when I got it. All's good.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I'll just sneak into Russell's garage one night while he has an engine out and preferable partially disassembled.
                                Last edited by Huskinhano; February 6, 2016, 02:11 PM.
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X