No announcement yet.

Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not as fortunate. This is my shop helper. Her job is to cover everything with white fur.

I was at the Carlisle Ford Motorsport show this weekend. I picked up a nice set of Crane 1.72 Cobra rocker arms for $115. Getting close to getting my P motor in. Time hasn't been my friend lately.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• So in July JP1 and JP2 are going to the beach. I have been thinking of taking the week off and working on the car. Parts I know I need/want sfi flywheel and bell a/c evaporator and heater core, drive shaft loop. If I get the paint done before hand. Starting on Monday think I can get fuel wireing brakes motor trans etc. Installed in a work week?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Let's see........

Dan

Comment

• No honey do list? I'm sure you'll get in trouble for not doing something at home while they're away. I usually do.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I sure there are a few things that need to be done. As long as nothing is "broken" I am good at putting it off

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• LOL.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Rolled the mustang out in the driveway put it on blocks and put the purple power and garden hose to it. The inside turned out pretty nice the under side is better but still is still dirty. I need to get it back up and determine if it's good enough or needs more attention. Three and half weeks until consolidation week!

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Sent summit $919 today for a scatter sheild, flywheel and drive shaft loop. I really like my feet, I really like my feet, one more time, I really like my feet.
                  Last edited by Russell; June 24, 2016, 07:29 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Sent summit $919 today for a scatter sheild, flywheel and drive shaft loop. I really like my feet, I really like my feet, one more time, I really like my feet.
                    Yeah, I bought a billet flywheel for my P motor for the same reasons. for the cost of a good pair of work boots over a stock type cast iron, my feet are worth it. I bought a PRW with a bolt of wieght. Funny I put the wheel on today then I went to put the King Cobra clutch kit I had for a million years and when to bolt it on with the ARP bolts came to a screeching halt. I need M8 and not 5/16. Shit. I was planning on doing the swap or at least start to remove the old motor. Tomorrow I have to go to Kennedy air port at 10 PM and pick the kid up from her New Zealand trip
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Hope The Kid had a great adventure!

And I agree on safety stuff - pricey but worth it. Russell - if you need it I have a dial indicator and a base that worked on the Volvo engine - just stop by. I was surprised at how far out the QuickTime scatter shield was so I'm sure yours will NEED indexing. I also have a nice clean pallet that ought to make great furniture.

Dan

Comment

• I was going to get one of those when I went to there website it said that stock clutches often have clearance issues. I couldn't find a picture of the front side, so I just got the FMS one. Some day I would like a 5.8 so the PRWS sounded nice, but I didn't want to deal with clutch issues.

I have a cheap dial indicator I got when I replaced the bearings in the 98. I will try that frist.

The PRWS website said to measure the run out on the flywheel, I have never thought of doing that before.
                        Last edited by Russell; June 25, 2016, 04:51 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Dan, the kid had a great time! She made it to Australia for a week too. She fell in love with Melbourne. Russ, I went with the PRW for a cuple reasons. First it was in my price range, about $220 to the door. The features I really liked, SFI rated, bolt on weight so it could be used on a 0, 28 or 50 oz unbalance and it's drilled for every SBF PP. Both late model 5.0 with dowels or old lvintage like mine. Pretty universal. PRW advertises that most of the contestants in Engine Masters use them as well. I thought this was a load of BS. I sent Dulchic a PM. He confirmed that. Steve said just about every one in the series uses a PRW wheel and he hasn't heard of any problems or complaints. Steve said he hasn't used one but wouldn't hesitate t do so.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            Sent summit $919 today for a scatter sheild, flywheel and drive shaft loop. I really like my feet, I really like my feet, one more time, I really like my feet.
                            Good call Russell. If you don't think so, just ask Don Garlits if you made the right decision...
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• The FMS flywheel was 230, the loop was 31, the bell was 658, the website I found with the cheap sfi stuff is no longer operating they are now American Powertrain, I went with summit b/c of no additional charge for shipping, they had all three of the safety items i wanted to buy at this time, and no sales tax in NC.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Summit and/or Jegs often seems to be the best bet for me. However, I need enough weird stuff that "routine" suppliers don't often work for me (like the vendor for my new clutch disc).

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X