• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to keep this pickup.
    A EXCELLENT Parts Safari Truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      Nnnnoooo !
      I sure I will miss it when I sell it but it's really not practical. I have the 2500 I don't need two trucks, a two seater is not convenient with two kids.

Depending on what I get for it I might be able to buy aluminum heads for the mustang, other things on the wish list are a differential, and new transmission.

I thought about selling the mustang and making it my race vehicle, but the extra weight just makes it that much harder to get that 10.0x
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• No support trailer needed for all the other necessities !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210930_021656827_copy_2268x3024.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1306879Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210930_021648892_copy_2268x3024.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	1306880Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210930_021733138_copy_2268x3024.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1306881 Instead of coming up with reasons to not work on the car, I took 4 tubes and made 2 tubes! I had a great time I don't know why I have such a hard time getting started. Weld has a couple cold spots but I think it will hold.
          ​​​​​​​One more cold side tube to weld, then I need to weld on or crimp some beads to hold the couplers on. Blow off valve. Then finish weld the hot side, add waste gate. Oil feed and return lines. Relocate the battery. Do something with the PCV / breathers. Fire it with the open down pipe?

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

I sure I will miss it when I sell it but it's really not practical. I have the 2500 I don't need two trucks, a two seater is not convenient with two kids.

Depending on what I get for it I might be able to buy an LS and turbos for the mustang, other things on the wish list are a differential, and new transmission.

I thought about selling the mustang and making it my race vehicle, but the extra weight just makes it that much harder to get that 10.0x
            There, fixed
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

There, fixed
              I have thought about it. If I was starting from scratch that's what it would get. When I started the project it still had to pass inspection. They reduced the exemption age from 35 to 30. So now I can do what I want!

I am trying to focus on 1) making boost 2) get it on Dyno 3) take it to the track. 4) make it faster.

I am always thinking about the next car. I always wanted a coupe now that I have one I miss my hatchback.

Don't know if next will be different car, 351 swap, I need to make two parts list and price them out I think I can make the power I want with a 351 cheaper than a LS swap just because I have more SBF parts. Of course the elephant in the room is the transmission.
              Last edited by Russell; September 30, 2021, 08:20 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I have thought about it. If I was starting from scratch that's what it would get. When I started the project it still had to pass inspection. They reduced the exemption age from 35 to 30. So now I can do what I want!

I am trying to focus on 1) making boost 2) get it on Dyno 3) take it to the track. 4) make it faster.

I am always thinking about the next car. I always wanted a coupe now that I have one I miss my hatchback.

Don't know if next will be different car, 351 swap, I need to make two parts list and price them out I think I can make the power I want with a 351 cheaper than a LS swap just because I have more SBF parts. Of course the elephant in the room is the transmission.
                It's hard to stop the LS bandwagon... I love the BBC in my Corvette, but I'd have half again the money I have in the current motor if I'd just stopped and gone with an LS.... I get purity and all that, but if you're racing.... and who knows, I may sell the complete BBC setup to someone and that would easily afford a top-shelf LS swap.... but the noise the 427 makes.... (and thus, the problem)... point is I get the dilemma because I live it.

Comment

• I may be the only one on the planet that hates LS series engines because they're just too ugly. GMs solution was to put a plastic tub over them but that doesn't fix the problem it just hides it. The point is that GM KNEW they made an ugly engine.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    I may be the only one on the planet that hates LS series engines because they're just too ugly. GMs solution was to put a plastic tub over them but that doesn't fix the problem it just hides it. The point is that GM KNEW they made an ugly engine.

Dan
                    There are lots of losers out there who have beautiful engines.

Comment

• For the Mustang, 10's with a 351 and a hairdryer is probably less than 10 psi, anything bigger than an HO cam, and a decent set of heads. The LS may look cheap on paper but you covered it already, you have most of the stuff for a 351 swap... may have to add some tubing length. You'd be hard pressed to put an LS in there any cheaper. I'm pretty sure you've got enough hood for a truck manifold (if I remember, can't find a pic right now). You can probably buy and build a C4 for less than a converter for a 4l80e.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I may be the only one on the planet that hates LS series engines because they're just too ugly. GMs solution was to put a plastic tub over them but that doesn't fix the problem it just hides it. The point is that GM KNEW they made an ugly engine.

Dan
                        There are carbed and distributored ls derby motors. Do very well stock. Even better with a cam. I’m told there is a difference in how they sound roaring

Comment

You talking about me?

Comment

Dan
                            You are not the only one look up "anti ls consortium". I for one think once the hood is closed it doesn't matter what the engine looks like. Other than having to pull the heads to change the lifters (there are some dumb DOD VVT stuff on some) it's a better design than the sbf, mod, sbc. The dry intake it nice! Not having to beat the water pump out of a 4.6 is much appreciated.
                            The question is which is cheaper HCI 351 swap or a cam only LS?

More than likely the T5s will not live long. So then I am looking at upgrading the transmission the new TKX looks nice but I assume you'll have north of $3k before the first burn out. I am starting to wish I would have gotten the Holley Terminator X Max. I might need to go auto. If ford power I would look into the 4R70w if I went LS I would try to find one with a 4L80 attached to it. I like overdrive!

I might max out the current combo, if I am not happy with it sell it and start over.

​​​​​​​Right now I need to focus on making boost (and sell the Lighting while the weather is nice!)

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Depends on your definition of "winning".

But I grew up in a time when manufacturers had engine stylists so I'm used to opening the hood and seeing something that somebody thought about the appearance. Nailheads were lovely as were BBBs. The Olds air cleaners we excellent and Cadillac script on the valve covers was yummy. FEs were nice to gaze on, too. SBCs with the Chevrolet script were nice, too. Then the whole thing went to crap.

Dan

Comment

You are not the only one look up "anti ls consortium". I for one think once the hood is closed it doesn't matter what the engine looks like. Other than having to pull the heads to change the lifters (there are some dumb DOD VVT stuff on some) it's a better design than the sbf, mod, sbc. The dry intake it nice! Not having to beat the water pump out of a 4.6 is much appreciated.
                                The question is which is cheaper HCI 351 swap or a cam only LS?

More than likely the T5s will not live long. So then I am looking at upgrading the transmission the new TKX looks nice but I assume you'll have north of $3k before the first burn out. I am starting to wish I would have gotten the Holley Terminator X Max. I might need to go auto. If ford power I would look into the 4R70w if I went LS I would try to find one with a 4L80 attached to it. I like overdrive!

I might max out the current combo, if I am not happy with it sell it and start over.

​​​​​​​Right now I need to focus on making boost (and sell the Lighting while the weather is nice!)
                                I don't think the truck 351 needs an intake per se, just change the wastegate spring. Honestly, I think an HO cam and 1/2 drill bit for some Explorer heads might get you there...3.27's and 600-700 foot pounds, let it pull against something.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X