X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Got home went to get the SD card and it just fell out. I didn't get it clicked in. No data logs ​​​​​
    Perfect excuse for another test drive

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Took it for a joy ride yesterday. The IAC needs work. It dies when coasting with the clutch in. It wasn't perfect before but it didn't die nearly as much.
    It made baby boost (saw 130kpa) and I could hear the turbo spooling! It pulls better than it did NA. For the first time out on the road it was great.

Got home went to get the SD card and it just fell out. I didn't get it clicked in. No data logs ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I went to put the header panel / bumper cover back on. I forgot that I had trimmed it for the a2a but not with the rest of the cold side pipes. After many mark trim, fit mark trim fit.... It's bolted on and I was itchy.

My four port is set up in the Holley as an output table PWM- I have 12v+ going through a switch. I asked it to be active when TPS > 25%, RPM > 2000 and FP > 25 psi. I made a table RPMxTPS. I put 15% in all cells.

In the log it shows out put of 15% all the time including at idle?

Hopefully I will be able to play with it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Found the oil leak! It was not the drain it was the sensor I installed in the sensor extension. A few turns and so far no drips.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    That software looks allot like what the calibrators use at work. That's pretty neat. have fun with it!
    Holley EFI's soft ware is free to download and play with. I have really enjoyed it so far. Their hardware is not a free download but so far all problems have been operator

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    That software looks allot like what the calibrators use at work. That's pretty neat. have fun with it!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got a good bit of shop time in last week and the weekend. Had to diagnose and replace new used starter. Tested the oil feed, blew out hot side. Bolted down turbo (took way longer than it should) blew out cold side. Buttoned it up.

Backed it out of the driveway to the stop sign and drove it back to the house. Rolling in first gear 70% throttle made 2psi while spinning the tires.

Need to fix oil drain line leak. I need to relearn the Holley software I was not an expert and it's been +/- 10 months. (It was in jack stand jail for a long time.) Put the bumper cover back on and test drive it some. Take it to the Dyno! then to the track!!!!

I am thinking 5-8# for now enjoy it some work the bugs out over the summer and turn it up this fall. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220320_191624993_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	658.4 KB
ID:	1316420 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220320_192842_01_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	652.8 KB
ID:	1316421

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Looking good! that's ALOT of tig welding practice on a single pipe! well done indeed!
    Good for practice, and if you are trying to save every penny. Terrible for production . Next time I am buying bends we're possible.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Looking good! that's ALOT of tig welding practice on a single pipe! well done indeed!

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Thanks Dan! Not sure I am ready for structure yet, but bring it up here we can tackle it. The more time I spend TIG welding the more I like if nothing else I seem to have fewer burns.
    I find the better I get at tig welding , the more time and money I save on grinding…

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Houston helped me in the shop yesterday. We worked on the "temporary" down pipe extension, and the WG dump. Other than a hanger I think the fabrication is done for now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Thanks Dan! Not sure I am ready for structure yet, but bring it up here we can tackle it. The more time I spend TIG welding the more I like if nothing else I seem to have fewer burns.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You're getting better at that welding thing! You can tackle my stuff any old time you want.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; March 4, 2022, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220302_122222819_copy_688x918.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	1315399 I really stink at updates. Mustang is still in jack stand jail. I keep telling myself it's close. Need to finish the temporary downpipe and waste gate dump tube. Then do some wiring and rerouting install boost controller. Then everything else I am forgetting.
    I am trying to pick up the pase. My neighbor just got an On3 kit for his mustang. He doesn't know it but it's a race to see who can make boost first . No telling who will win. Mine is mostly installed but still needs some fab work. His is a "bolt on", he is retired, and his kids are out of the house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X