• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    If anyone wants a project I might let it go
    Nnnnoo !

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I went and picked up a steel F150 driveshaft to get the truck back on the move. So far so good. The brakes are spongy so in need to figure that out. I need to get back on my diy turbo install on Foxbody. I want to fix all the little things clean it up and enjoy it but there are a lot of little things. If anyone wants a project I might let it go it's very distracting, running, sitting there saying work on me while the mustang is in jackstand jail.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    oh shit - that's a high dollar shaft last time I looked ... aluminum, and I bet they don't sell them any more. Might be worth taking to a driveshaft shop.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I think I found that noise
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The lighting is Running! I pressure washed it to get the top layer of crud off. It got dark on me so I will finish washing it another day. I started making a list of all the things that need fixing. Hopefully the junkyard is open tomorrow and I can grab a few of them.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Worked on it some
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied

The underside of a 5.8L GT40 intake manifold with bad gaskets....

The text was about the truck in general. I swept the bed of the truck, and started cleaning the cab.
    Ok , I thought it might be but I thought you hadn’t started opening it up. I’ve never seen anything quite like it before.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by langleylad View Post

what am I looking at here ?
    The underside of a 5.8L GT40 intake manifold with bad gaskets....

The text was about the truck in general. I swept the bed of the truck, and started cleaning the cab.
    Last edited by Russell; June 12, 2021, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    I have not washed it yet. I have swept out the back. Got the trash out of the inside and vacuumed it out. Then I parked it under a persimmon tree.
    what am I looking at here ?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Pic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have not washed it yet. I have swept out the back. Got the trash out of the inside and vacuumed it out. Then I parked it under a persimmon tree.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have to decide what I am going to do with the lighting before it gets a thread. I figure I can just mix it in here. Not alot yet. Next week I hope to get the heads cleaned up and the intake back on. I need to get a new PCV and the rubber grommet that it goes I guess it needs one of those metal screens?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Square to what? Ford hardly bothered to check, I think you'll be okay.
    Hey, it ONLY has to BE....."K" for Close !!!
    Waller Out the Mounting Holes, Big Washers, set it in Snug, start it up, at Idle it will "Take A Set"
    Run ALL the bolts in a "Quarter Turn From Stripping"........
    Race Ready !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    We need a thread on that Lightning... have you comet washed it yet?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

The turbine exit square to the FED. Parallel to the crank.
    Ah.. I see. I was trying to say nobody will notice except you. I wouldn't have known. Turbos tend to end up where they fit....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X