Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Made a list and been chipping away at it. Cut off the old c-clip eliminator and pressed a new one on last night I froze the axle and baked the eliminator @ 200* for 90 mins. Went ttogether pretty smooth, fingers crossed it's correct.

Found a leaking brake cylinder, add that to the list!

Very far down on the list is recharge the A/C at some point it lost pressure. And it has been open sence I have done the swap. Tell me if you think my plan will work.

Assemble old stuff with new o-rings hook up the pump and see if it will hold a vacuum. If it does, flush it, install new drier, pull vacuum add freon?
    Last edited by Russell; August 17, 2018, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I went to the habitat store and picked up a bearing oven. Axle has been in the freezer for a couple
    days. I think I will bake it @ 200* for an hour. Don't want toClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180814_130541_883.jpg Views:	1 Size:	897.3 KB ID:	1211960 melt the plastic inside
    Last edited by Russell; August 16, 2018, 04:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Oh yeah pic of the bits Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180808_224446_080.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	947.4 KB
ID:	1211404

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I did get it to move a little in the press. I put the whole deal in the deep freezer. Then hit the bearing with the propane torch. And it started to move. Then the axle flange hit the press frame. I couldn't find a good set of blocks to lift the arbor plats so I just cut it off. If the press was wide enough for the axle flange to pass through I think it would have worked. Summit is sending a new one.

I will freeze the axle again. I would like to warm the bearing but I am not sure I want to hit the new one with a torch (rubber seals) I thought about getting 100 watt light bulb and putting them in a card board box.

hopefully it will go on easily.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Got The Fox Out today! DW / track trailer, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_230223_073.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	1210896
    Does this DW stand for drag week ?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Russell, sometimes I've had to heat the poo out of the retainer to get them to move. Then, it's a huge POP and off they go. I have the same sleezy bearing separator so I can relate.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I need to rebuild or replace a Moser c-clip eliminator tried to press it off seems like my cheap bearing separator is bending instead of separating. Do I have it set up right? Tips, tricks? Heat? Cold?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180805_230944_986.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1210989

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got The Fox Out today! Got it inspected. Only have to do that 3 more times! After that I went to northern tool to pick up my DW / track trailer, b/c harborfreight is out of stock Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_230223_073.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	1210896

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    We both just run a relay and on/off switch. I just turn it on and it runs all the time but you could use a coolant temp switch just as easily.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    How did you wire it?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Jonathan and I both run Chevy HHR fans. They move a ton of air and are very inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I think the hot ticket used to be junkyard sourced VW Jetta electric fans - if my memory is correct they fit the fox radiators well and moved a lot of air, and were way cheaper than the new ones.
    Have not heard of that one. I have a fan out of a V8 t-bird that looks like the mark viii fan that I picked up years ago. A lot of people like the taurus or contour fans. I am thinking about using the volvo fan controller, might get the volvo fan and see how it fits, some say the mark 8 fan draws to many amps for the volvo controler, others say they are fine. They say the t-bird and mark fans are different. I know they are physically interchangeable.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I think the hot ticket used to be junkyard sourced VW Jetta electric fans - if my memory is correct they fit the fox radiators well and moved a lot of air, and were way cheaper than the new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Right now my having fun is driving to the track hot lapping it and driving it home. I do wish it was about a half second faster. I have a larger TB I may try, and I would like to get an electric fan. Those might be worth .2 - .3 if I am lucky?

3.5 years and it will be inspection exempt in NC then I would like to turbo it.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Russ - if this stuff was easy everyone could do it! The "having fun part" is the best, whatever that means for each one of us, is the right answer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X